Hunt Talker Hunt 2014

I'm sure I'll have my gear along. You can't get too far from fishing in that part of Montana.

Here's a question... I've never had work done at a taxidermist before. If I do end up shooting a bear and take it to a local taxi up there that you guys recommend...do I pay the whole cost of the rug up front, or half down and half when it's done? How does that work? How much should I tip? Can they ship the rug to me in Colorado?

Damn, I was hoping to do some turkey hunting while I'm up there. Is anyone still planning on doing any fishing?

I'm going for a few days to assist with this "Baeeeeer Thirty" event.

I'll either bring the jon boat (some good pike fishing... "Bite Me" flies locally made!), canoe and a couple float tubes for the trout. or leave the boat and bring the utv, canoe and tubes... Though the big story from myself, fishing? hell ya!

I don't know of any turkeys in the area. You'd probably be looking at an hour drive to get in to them. Might be worth it to do on your way in or out of Montana though.

I know almost nothing about fishing, but I'd think you'd be looking at lakes only that time of year. Most streams don't open until May 15, and the moving water should be pretty well blown out then anyway.

I'm going for a few days to assist with this "Baeeeeer Thirty" event.

I'll either bring the jon boat (some good pike fishing... "Bite Me" flies locally made!), canoe and a couple float tubes for the trout. or leave the boat and bring the utv, canoe and tubes... Though the big story from myself, fishing? hell ya!

Sounds like us men need to get some bears killed by beer thirty to have some play time on the lake! I'm up for that!

Way to be a buzzkill, Randy LOL

I thought this was a mother cussing bear hunt, not a mamby pamby turkey shoot.

Should've chose Texas if you want to shoot mentally challenged birds in the head and trick fish into biting a worm. :D

I thought this was a mother cussing bear hunt, not a mamby pamby turkey shoot.

Should've chose Texas if you want to shoot mentally challenged birds in the head and trick fish into biting a worm. :D

Just put a high fence around our hunting area and we'll pretend it's Texas :D

Bears are out in MT!

well...at least one is out early. My dog and I treed this bear yesterday while out shed hunting. One of the fattest looking bears I have seen in the spring and also the earliest I have seen a black bear.DSC00034.JPG

DSC00178.jpg

DSC00158.jpg

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

I like what I'm seeing. That big guy will do me just fine next month :hump:

Since I can't really scout from here. I ran just over 8 miles today, on a hilly route (for MN).

Making deposits in the "I am willing to go to almost any length to kill a bear" Credit Union.

Since I can't really scout from here. I ran just over 8 miles today, on a hilly route (for MN).

Making deposits in the "I am willing to go to almost any length to kill a bear" Credit Union.

You can haul me around. I put on maybe a dozen miles shed hunting this weekend and am still recovering.

You can haul me around. I put on maybe a dozen miles shed hunting this weekend and am still recovering.

I suppose I could try and throw you in the crew cab like Braden does with his kids.

I wouldn't count on it though, you can't forget I live at about 1000ASL! I figure I need to go balls out just to have a prayer of keep up with you mountain goats for the first mile.

Some of us "mountain goats" have been more like valley sheep for most of the winter. You won't have much trouble keeping up with me. :)

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back