Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hunt Talker Hunt 2014

Put in for my vacation time today. Looks like I'll probably be arriving in Montana late on the 9th (Friday) and plan on staying until the 16th (unless I shoot a bear before then). Anyone else hunting through the week is welcome to team up with this rookie...

When i was in college i actually found a study on bears and their possible interest in menstruating. Women. They actually had captive bears around several women during their cycle in various stages. The bottom line was that bears dont care. They took no extra interest. Fwiw.

When i was in college i actually found a study on bears and their possible interest in menstruating. Women. They actually had captive bears around several women during their cycle in various stages. The bottom line was that bears dont care. They took no extra interest. Fwiw.

But what if they saw them menstruating on Google Earth?

Did anyone see the post about food and equipment I tried to send through the google group yesterday?

I just looked and it seems to be lost on the internets some where.

Did anyone see the post about food and equipment I tried to send through the google group yesterday?

I just looked and it seems to be lost on the internets some where.

I can't find anything Dustin.

For you local guys, what are your thoughts on turkeys? I love to hunt them, but not sure I want to spend $165 to hunt them right now. If there is good opportunity and it is likely that I'll at least be hearing turkeys in the morning then I may go for it but just trying to gauge how decent the opportunity is.

Thompson Falls is a little far to be hearing gobbles from camp in the morning:D I do have a ton of private land access up here for turkeys, but it is at least a 3 hour drive up here from our proposed hunt area.

I don't think there are a lot of turkeys where we are planning to focus our bear hunting. I have never seen any, but I have never really looked around there either. There are plenty of turkeys about an hour north of our proposed camp, with limited private and public land hunting opportunities. The turkeys in the Flathead are mostly of the eastern variety, unlike the rest of the state which is primarily Meriams.

Back