Caribou Gear Tarp

Hunt Talker Hunt 2014

When I get into Montana and go to buy my tags....do I have to bring my bear ID certificate with me? What about my hunter safety card? Can I just find a wal mart and get my tags there?

Cush,
I've some free time so ran through the regs. This is what I discovered... and another little tidbit.
http://fwp.mt.gov/eBook/hunting/regulations/2014/2014blackbear/index.html

A hunter must take and pass a
“black bear identification test” before
purchasing a black bear hunting license.
A hunter must present a certificate of
completion issued by FWP at the time of
purchase.
The test is available online at:
http://fwp.mt.gov/education/hunter/bearID/

If you were born after January 1, 1985, you are required to show proof of
completing
a Montana hunter safety and education course (or an approved
hunter safety course from any other state or province) prior to applying for
or purchasing a hunting license, whether the hunting license is for the rifl e or
archery season.

additional:
A hunter may purchase only one black bear license per year. A black bear license purchased after April 14 for the spring season or after August 31 for the fall
season may not be used until 24 hours after the license is issued.

Why not purchase online? Or is there something w/ NR bear purchase that requires in person purchase?

Last edited:
If at all possible, I would try and get your licenses before you get here. As Sytes showed above, if you wait till you get to Montana to buy the licenses, you will have to wait 24 hours before hunting.

It used to be a 5 day wait, but it shortened recently. This rule is in place with bear, wolf, and lion tags to keep people from incidentally encounter one of the above, shooting it, and heading for town to buy a tag.

Orange is hot! This will ease you closer to capturing the title from Dink.

Photo+on+2010-07-15+at+18.34+%233.jpg

Those straps won't hold my gut in....and once I get enough cherry or apple pie moonshine in me, all bets are off about the twerking :D

This event is definitely going to be worth the price of a plane ticket from Ohio :hump:

Did y'all get my message on the google group? Or did it only go to John?

I would suggest you go elsewhere for the bear hunt. That area of the swan is still too snowy to get anywhere. Too many guys coming from too far away to risk it, in my opinion. If it was the last two weeks of may, Id say go for it.

Did y'all get my message on the google group? Or did it only go to John?

I would suggest you go elsewhere for the bear hunt. That area of the swan is still too snowy to get anywhere. Too many guys coming from too far away to risk it, in my opinion. If it was the last two weeks of may, Id say go for it.

Ouch. Good to make the choice now though. Thanks Drahthaar.

Side note: Nothing shows in the google discussion, Drahthaar.

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back