MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

HUNT is 1 month away...

Thriving on Chaos

Thats what all this reminds me of :D

Who is going to be at the Motel in Barksdale (or is it Blakesdale?) on Thursday night? My plane gets in around 5pm and I figure it will be 6pm before we leave the airport if the last trip to San Anotnio was any indication. It took forever to get our luggage last time. If we have to stop along the way to buy licenses I figure we should arrive at the motel around 10pm. Perhaps that is a bit late to meet up with anybody????

I hope somebody has directions to the ranch and the combo to the lock - from the motel - because I have no idea on either.

Those staying at the motel Thursday night, give a yell. We could all do breakfast on Friday morning. My buddy and myself would like to go to the ranch on Friday morning sometime, get our rifles sighted in and hunt Friday afternoon. That rifle range is going to sound like WW3 on Friday with 20 or so guys sighting in.

Don

I don't even know if he has a range set up. Tom may have to answer that question. Last year, I took my ram at such a close range through the brush that I never even thought about checking the sights. That was on Friday, within hours of getting there. Are you talking about sighting in, or just a shot or two to check the zero?

Ok.........DS checking in.......

.........sorry, I was looking the other way and missed all this. :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm still picking Moosie, Indy and Jason up at the San Antonio airport on Thursday..............staying where ever they stay that night, which sounds to be the Super8! :D

.......and yes, I am still putting on the big coonass feed for Saturday night......we can just divide the cost of the meak between however many folks decide to participate.......should be about the same price as going into yown for a burger. ;) .......and a helluva lot better tasting! :cool:

I may go on to the Brushy Hill Hog hunt or a may opt out and head over to Louisiana for a couple of days for tiurkey hunting there............not sure yet. But what is firm, is that I will be at the Airport on Thursday and following Jason Lee to the nudie bar! :eek:
DS

Hey, Mark - is "meak" kinda like "meat", and how much does it cost? (Ya never know - them coonasses'll eat just about anything.) I just hope it's not nutria - icious. ;)

Shaky, If you send me your e-mail, then I'll send you the combo. The directions to the ranch are at the Texas hunt info. threads. Its up some road along the north side of the river from the motel. Then you turn right in Vance, a few miles from Barksdale, the right goes to JoJanVan. A couple of miles down the that road is a gate with a sign by it, pointing to Thompson's ram ranch. That is the gate that you need the combination for.
What if I wake you up, after having dinner in San Antonio thursday and then coming out to Barksdale? If you don't like that, I'll come friday morning.

I just found out that I have to be in Texas on the 20th of March through the 22nd...why couldn't we be doing this a weekend early? (Just a rhetorical question!) Then I could be going at company expense! (like I did last year with Oscar.) All I would be out is the extra days in a motel and the hunt fee.

So I fly to Dallas on Wednesday, spend two days there, come home on Friday and fly out again to San Antonio on Thursday. :(

Shaky, Glen and I haven't decided if we are leaving Wednesday night or Thursday morning. If we leave Wednesday night, then we should be in Texas by late Thursday afternoon. I'll let you know what we decide.
Tom, Has the combo on the gate lock changed or is it still related to Chris Columbus? :cool:

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-04-2002 14:08: Message edited by: danr55 ]</font>

Cali.........that should have been "meal".......the "l" and the "k" had a fight, and "k" won :rolleyes: `

I also understand that Indy and Jason have secured me a room as well, so while I appreciate Moosie's kind offer tp sleep on the floor, it should not be necessary. ;)

No Nuria Rat for me.........right now we have a very nice Cajun Menu that excludes the Nutria, but does include Spicey Cajun Gumbo........Grandpa's Secret Boudin(spicey rice and sausage dressing in a sausage casing)..........Mrs Sims' Potatoe Salad Recipe.......and French Quarter Bread......
I'm planning on feeding between 20 and 30 folks. This will be an outside meal so if you guys have one of those fold up louge chairs bring it!
DS

Maybe some of the guys driving in can bring extra chairs. With a suitcase and a gun case, I don't want to try to fly with a folding chair! (Maybe they'd let me sit in the aisle....?) ;)

The menu sounds great, DS! Thanks for putting on the feed.

No problem Cali........glad to do it......

And I do have 6 or 8 of those chairs I can bring, but with 20+ asses to be seated, I'll need some help on that end of it.
DS

There s Plenty Chairs there, I believe..... WHAT would be cool DS, I pack a few lanterns.... SO the outside lights will work good.

SOUNDS like fun..... Time is ticking in my head :eek: :eek:

Calif. H,

When I said sighting in I meant checking my zero. Sorry for any confusion :D
If they are going to force me to make 1/2 mile shots I best be sighted in properly.

Tom,

I just realized, re-reading my above post that is was/is about as clear as mud, lol.

Jim and myself will be driving to Barksdale on Thursday evening - from San Antonio Airport. We have a room for Thursday, Friday and Sat night and plan on driving back to San Antonio on Sunday afternoon. We will more then likely stop someplace along the way (on Rte 90 west) and get some dinner - probably in Uvalde.

If you are going to be at the Nueces Hotel Friday morning then yes indeed we can go out for breakfast (as well as any others staying there) and we will follow you to the ranch Friday morning. Thanks for the offer. I'll even buy breakfast - the least I can do for all your trouble.

I did get an E-mail from somebody as to the combination to the lock.

One last (ok maybe not last) question. Is there a K-mart or Wally World near I-410 or off of Rte 90 West where Jim and myself can purchase the 5 day tag? Maybe there is a place in Uvalde? In any case, let me know, appreciate it.

I remember you asking about rooming with me and something about sleeping on the floor. No way would I want anybody to have to sleep on the floor. Jim and myself are sharing a room (2 double beds). If you need a room in Barksdale, let me know, I will book a room for you - if they still have rooms. I could never live with myself knowing somebody had to sleep on the floor.

Danr,

I take it you are staying at the hotel in Barksdale? Or are you just offering to meet up in Barksdale so we can follow you to the ranch? Hey, I'm old, I get confused easily, lol.

The lock combo I got did in fact have something to do with columbus.

DS

Nothing personal and definately nothing against your cooking abilities. Jim and myself will more then likely stick around Sat night for the "Feast". I for one doubt I will have much to eat though as my old tummy can't handle all that spicy food. I do love Cajun food, BUT it doesn't like me, and I am way to big to have to carry to the truck. lol
Oh wait, Jim, my buddy would just drag me back to the hotel,,,,,afterall, what are buddies for? lol

Sounds like we are ALL going to have an enjoyable time. I do look forward to meeting all of you, except NUT, we already met (he deer hunted with me last fall in PA). I didn't mean that to sound like I don't enjoy NUT's company, it's just that we have already met.

Have a good one all, be safe

Don

Shakey...... I think THE majority are staying in SAN Antonio that night. INDY, DS, DELW, CALI, MYSELF, Jason LEE,

DANR and Glen , GILA and Mitch , are staying in Barksdale .......

KIND of a split camp.

BUT Friday night We're all going into town for dinner...

SAT. DS has the GUMBO Kitchen...

THE ones staying in San Ant. will leave earlyish Fiday and meat at the Ranch by 12
Depends when I can DRAG the drunks out of the BARs
HAHA !!

Hey, the moonrise and moonset looks good for hogs! I got a few chairs to bring.
There's a couple of picnic tables by the a-frame cabin I think.

U.S. Naval Observatory
Astronomical Applications Department

Sun and Moon Data for One Day
The following information is provided for Sabinal, Uvalde County, Texas (longitude W99.5, latitude N29.3):

Thursday
28 March 2002 Central Standard Time

SUN
Begin civil twilight 6:09 a.m.
Sunrise 6:33 a.m.
Sun transit 12:43 p.m.
Sunset 6:54 p.m.
End civil twilight 7:18 p.m.

MOON
Moonrise 5:58 p.m. on preceding day
Moon transit 12:25 a.m.
Moonset 6:44 a.m.
Moonrise 7:07 p.m.
Moonset 7:22 a.m. on following day

Full Moon on 28 March 2002 at 12:26 p.m. Central Standard Time.

Shaky, Yes, there is a Academy, a Wal-mart, and a K-mart all right before 90 a mile or two. I'd stop at the first one you came too. They won't be out of the liscense because a computer prints them out. Wal-mart and K-mart are 24 hour stores but you might have trouble getting someone in sports at some times of the dat. Between Culebra exit and the 90 exit, 1st Academy, 2nd Wal-mart, 3rd K-mart, all on the right or outside of 410 on the access road. If you miss all of them, then on 90 in Hondo (on the left) and Uvalde (on the right) is a Wal-mart.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-07-2002 14:45: Message edited by: Tom ]</font>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by danr55:
Where's the nudie bar in Barksdale?

Shaky will probably want to go there.....:cool:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Danr,

Nut is offering his pink dress just for YOU to wear. You're going to be the "dancer" Thursday night. Don't forget your dancing shoes :D

Since this is a small town, lap dances will go for $5 each, lol

Don

I'll meet everyone at the hunt on Friday morning. I'll bring some folding chairs with me along with a large outfitters wall tent, some military cots, a couple of lanterns, etc..in case we start running out of space. If everyone is sure we won't need the wall tent, I'll leave it at home. I'll still bring the cots, because my old back can't take a sleeping bag on the floor. I have like 13 of them or so, so I could bring some of them. Been shooting my bow nearly every day and sometimes twice a day. Might just take a ram with it instead of a rifle.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back