MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

HUNT is 1 month away...

OK guys, speak now or forever hold your peace. If no one feels that the wall tent is necessary, I'll leave the big heavy thing at home! That'll just leave me with more room for meat and capes and horns and the like!

I personally, would think it's a GREAT IDEA !! if it is too much to hassle, don't bring it. It's not a NEED to... BUT MAN, It sure would be handy I believe... Especially if there is any rain....

SO, load up and if there is room, throw it in, I'll spend the time setting it up and taking it down....

I have booked a room for my dad and me at the same hotel eight that Cali posted. Anyone that needs a place to sleep Thursday is welcome. At this time I plan on arriving at San Antonio around noon or so Thursday(depends on how far we get the first day). We will check in at the motel and drop our gear and we can meet y'all fliers at the airport. We will be in an extended cab pickup with a large tool box in the back so we should have enough room for a couple of people and thier gear.

We may end up leaving pretty early Sunday morning because my mom is going in for surgery on Monday and we really need to be back for that. I could not believe they sceduled it for that day. OH well thats the way my luck goes. :rolleyes:

I'm worried about saturday night. We won't make it to dinner in town. They close at 9pm and the next day is Easter, they are closed for Easter. Here's the problem, we rely on Thompson to get 22 hunters out of the ranch, animals gutted, loaded and back to camp. He can't start picking us all up until after dark. Its going to be really hard I bet, friday only a few were hunting and on their own, so it would have been easier for those to get back to camp at the right time. I have a call into him to see if its feasible to get to town saturday night. We might have to come up with another plan there, like lunch in town? Between the morning hunt and the afternoon hunt, a big buffet midday meal? What do you all think? Its the same kind of buffet, except its lunch. Only those who wanted to stay out hunting all day would suffer, but those who shot and wanted to get a shoulder mount could drop their stuff off at the taxidermist too. Its about a mile from the restaurant. An alternative is for me to bring some brisket, corn and beans to heat up saturday night in camp again.

Gilamonster, we can check the forecast before you leave and see if any rain is expected. Moosie is right, the tent would be great if there is rain. I slept last saturday outside with a light bag for a cover and slept very well. I was at about 1800 feet and the ranch is like 2000 or 2200 ft I think, but its in a couple of weeks also.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-18-2002 08:53: Message edited by: Tom ]</font>

Hey, It's really no big deal to throw it in. I'll bring it. It could be handy for sleeping or for cooking or, if it rains, Beer drinking! :D

Cornfused sumwhat but kraven.. I will be picking shakey up at 4/50PM american arilnes if ya need a ride? my cell number with me is: 405-834-4652. Don't know yet where I will have to park at airport but I think I will have to stay with my truck? It is a 87 chev 4x4 black and silver with black camper shell and will have oklahoma tags. I am short, fat, bald dago and will have on a black ball cap on that says:: Village police Dept., black jacket and on back is "Canadian fishing @ Tinkers Places with Jim Rossi". Hope that helps sum?

GilaMonster
What day are you leaving? I am leaving tuesday night or wednesday AM.....
If anyone needs a drive from the airport I can be there as well...

Delw

Delw;
I'm leaving on Thursday morning with Mitch. We'll get down there close and get a motel for the night and then be over at Thompson's late morning. That's the plan right now anyway. I'm old and ugly, I need my beauty sleep more than most people do. That way, I can try to stay up with the rest of you for the next week. Whewwwww, that's a lot of beer drinkin'. I can handle it though. After all, I did volunteer to be a beer taster. :cool:

We haven't talked about the beer rating much. Do people want to do that? If so, I'm thinking, we each taste an ounce or two (so we each bring two beers for the beer rating event) and each rate them all. That would be 1-2 beers we each would drink to rate them. Then we can average the ratings and rank the beers based on everyone's rating, at least everyone who wants to rate. Like, 1=good, 2=better, 3=great, 4=outstanding, 5=world class. Each rater gives each beer a rating, then we average them. Something like that, what do you all think? I can look for some Australian beer here to enter in Sambar's honor, even though he can't make it all the way from Australia.

Personaly.........I have become a "Beer Snob" since moving to Ft.Collins. They have a whole pile of Micro Brewerys here.
I have started a bottle collection and have tried over 100 dfferent beers in the last 3 months........so I'll pick a few of what I feel were the best and bring some along. Some are hard to pronounce, but I guess they ll are after you've had a few, right? ;)
I also could bring a big wall tent but there probably is no need for two????? Gila is closer so he can do the honors. :cool:
I am leaving sometime Tuesday night more than likely.......and depending on how many female hitchhikers I pass, I should be there early for the gang at the airport on Thursday...........so I guess I'll be getting the Airport Lounge warmed up til everyone gets there.
A Friday nite Ho-Down would suit me better.
It not only frees up my schedule, but it's also 1 less day I have to pack all that meat in cooler. I already have to keep it plenty cold from Tuesday early until Friday........and unless my memory of the south has faded,that means plenty of trips to the store for ice!
DS

I am sure looking forward to meeting you guys. I've met Oscar, and that has been a story in itself... If the rest of you are even half as much fun as he is, I'm gonna be hurting from laughing so much. :D :D

Just got back from Dallas/Plano last night. It was in the mid-to-upper 50's for most of the day, but down in the 30's once it got towards sundown. Mornings were chilly, too. Watch the Weather Channel!

I'll bring some MOOSE beer.. I too Don't drink beer much, I'll stick with a Beer or two then Switch to coke. I'll put a umprella in itthough to make the guys think I mixed something in it ;)

Calif. Hunter;
You worry me! :D hahahahaaaaaa lol
Hey Oscar, I like your Beer tasting idea, but only an ounce or two of each? Geeeez, I was figuring on some serious beer tasting. Besides, I have to do my weight training.....12 oz. at a time. I have to keep fit! :cool:

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back