HTer Fitness Goals '24 Edition

i'm firm believer in the nutritional philosophy that if you only do one thing, just one, it would be paramount to cut out all processed/refined/added sugars.

it's eye opening when taken seriously... 90+ % of the grocery store becomes off limits.
They put it in EVERYTHING!

Hit 215 BW down from 238 5 weeks ago. Shoulder is finally feeling a bit better. Started light benching last week. Sets at 185 several reps at 225. Will be nice to get back to where i was 2 months ago before my shoulder injury in the high 200s and low 300s, but i do not want to push it too fast. 5-10 more LB to get to a goal weight then reevaluate.

@Big Fin, I saw a sponsored ad from @MTNTOUGH Fitness Lab featuring you. I don't know when it was filmed but you look like you are killing it! Good job, keep up the work!
Thanks. I had no idea I'd get talked into all of this. They asked if I would be OK with filming a few things. Turns out "a few things" is a lot of things.

We are almost half way through a nine-week "Over 50 desk jockey" course that they intend to have by late summer. I never imagined a CPA as talent in a fitness course. I am sure it will make for good humor among all of you younger folks who are actually in shape and don't wear Goldtoe white socks every day.

I didn't know fashion is such a big deal in the fitness world. I bought all of my stuff, shoes, shorts, etc. based on what was on sale. Everyone asks, "How do you like (insert item)? I hear that's a great item."

Me, "Not sure, it was on sale. I never pay full retail."

The folks there are great. Sarah and Mark have little mercy for someone soon to be 60. I know then they get to 60 they are going to think, "Holy crap, I can't believe we put Newberg through the wringer like we did when he was 60."

If you want an extra month added to their free trial, they tell me promo code RANDY ads an extra month when you sign up.

I've stopped really setting fitness/weight goals and just tried adopting healthier daily habits. For example, I went from playing hockey 2x a week but no other working out at all to 10 minutes of daily home workout or a 1.5 mile run. It has my in the habit of morning workouts and I'll make those a bit longer in time.

However, I put in for elk this year and thats added motivation to be really fit come fall. If drawn it will be my 2nd ever elk tag, first with rifle. My hunting partner lives at elevation and is really fit, so being able to keep up with him would be nice! I’m a midwesterner so elevation (I think we'll be 10k plus) will be the challenge.

I'll pop back in here and say how I'm doing now and then. I lost 15lb last year but 5 crept back on this winter. I oughta be 187-192 range, and should get back down there soon.

I've stopped really setting fitness/weight goals and just tried adopting healthier daily habits. For example, I went from playing hockey 2x a week but no other working out at all to 10 minutes of daily home workout or a 1.5 mile run. It has my in the habit of morning workouts and I'll make those a bit longer in time.

However, I put in for elk this year and thats added motivation to be really fit come fall. If drawn it will be my 2nd ever elk tag, first with rifle. My hunting partner lives at elevation and is really fit, so being able to keep up with him would be nice! I’m a midwesterner so elevation (I think we'll be 10k plus) will be the challenge.

I'll pop back in here and say how I'm doing now and then. I lost 15lb last year but 5 crept back on this winter. I oughta be 187-192 range, and should get back down there soon.
This is great, love hockey, but I feel the midnight Wednesday league is sometimes a net negative on my health. I think I'd be healthier if I had a more daily routine like this

We're down for the count. I was Olympic lifting (snatches and cleans) and caught the weights wrong. Strained something in my lower back...very likely as part of being too awesome. We're out for a couple weeks

spinal-i-broke-my-back.gif

One problem with home or gym based workouts only is it does not toughen up the feet.
I prefer to hike every other day with my backpack and the boots I wear hunting.
I have not had a blister in over 40years. . .

I tweaked my back AGAIN last weekend so I sat this week out. Talked to the health and ergonomics guy at work and he gave me some specific stretches and core exercises to do that should help get me back on track.

I tweaked my back AGAIN last weekend so I sat this week out. Talked to the health and ergonomics guy at work and he gave me some specific stretches and core exercises to do that should help get me back on track.
Ive had back issues since I was young, and the recent ones were really bad. Highly recommend a good chiropractor if possible. Mine has done wonders for me and when I tweak it, he can have it back in position where theres no pain. Still takes time to fully heal and still have to be careful, but the adjustments really do help loosen the tight muscles and allow healing to happen quicker. Im just lucky my insurance covers my visits.

Wrist surgery, pregnant wife, kids, too many Twinkie's and driving a desk way too hard this winter. First time up the hill this year with a personal worst. Can only go up from here. #nobodycares #workharderView attachment 321620
there was no greater struggle for me with regard to being in shape, than trying to manage a full time job and a newborn... or two. #wedocare #stickwithit #itgetseasier

it is no longer going well. it's just a drain to commit to it. I've failed several days at this point, a couple of them were actual 0s.
Ive looked for it but cannot find it. What exactly is the @mtmiller pushup workout?

Im limited in what I can do with my injuries right now but I can do pushups and air squats. Slowly rehabbing back into weights and harder workouts. Cant even do a pull-up due to a bicep injury.

Ive looked for it but cannot find it. What exactly is the @mtmiller pushup workout?

Im limited in what I can do with my injuries right now but I can do pushups and air squats. Slowly rehabbing back into weights and harder workouts. Cant even do a pull-up due to a bicep injury.
100/day in Jan, then increasing each month. I've bailed on the build up and just trying to do 100 a day. It's simple for any one day, but day after day after day... it's been a challenge for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back