HTer Fitness Goals '24 Edition

I'm curious to hear your opinion on why your stamina decreased with weight training? In my experience, my stamina greatly increases when I mix regular weight lifting (sets of 3x12) and cardio excercises.
If I had to guess, in losing 20 lbs in 4 weeks, he might have shaved on not just fat lbs. but just a guess with that kind of rapid weight loss.

I'm curious to hear your opinion on why your stamina decreased with weight training? In my experience, my stamina greatly increases when I mix regular weight lifting (sets of 3x12) and cardio excercises.
Being in a rather large calorie deficit and 4-5 days a week with minimal carbs is why imo. Now that the 4 weeks of hard cutting is done I'll be adding more back into my diet and I will see stamina to go back to where it was before this.

Being in a rather large calorie deficit and 4-5 days a week with minimal carbs is why imo. Now that the 4 weeks of hard cutting is done I'll be adding more back into my diet and I will see stamina to go back to where it was before this.
I didn't read that part. That explains it.

I’ve been getting my workouts in 6 days a week but I’ve found my diet has been like shit, I’ve gained weight, and it’s not good weight. The only kind of fitness I feel is fittinness cookie in my mouth! I try to change up my routine on the first of the month, for April, I have to dial in my diet. Smaller portions, no Girl Scout cookies, simple ingredient meals is the plan!

I’ve been getting my workouts in 6 days a week but I’ve found my diet has been like shit, I’ve gained weight, and it’s not good weight. The only kind of fitness I feel is fittinness cookie in my mouth! I try to change up my routine on the first of the month, for April, I have to dial in my diet. Smaller portions, no Girl Scout cookies, simple ingredient meals is the plan!

Girl scout cookies are as addictive as crack.

On a "sugar fast" kick lately, cutting out basically all refined sugars. It's amazing how much better I feel, even as someone who has been pretty serious about training 5-6x a week for the last 18 years. Better energy, better sleep, just generally feel a lot cleaner. Actually pretty wild all the stuff we used to eat as kids in the 90s... as it turns out, starting your day with a big glucose spike courtesy of a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch or toaster strudel is beneficial to one group only, that being the executives of Kellogg et al who fund the purchases of their la Jolla mansions by selling filler and poison to kids.

Finishing up the power phase of my yearly training cycle, which really is nothing too intense. Basically been Olympic lifting twice a week with the goal of B- 225, S-265, D-315 for a few comfortable reps at 155 body weight. Deadlifted today and 315 was easy money, so that's my cue to start my VO2 max phase, which coincides nicely with my move to AK where I won't have regular access to a gym. Way nicer getting 15-20 running miles in a week in up there than it is in the lower 48 in the summer!

On a "sugar fast" kick lately, cutting out basically all refined sugars. It's amazing how much better I feel, even as someone who has been pretty serious about training 5-6x a week for the last 18 years. Better energy, better sleep, just generally feel a lot cleaner. Actually pretty wild all the stuff we used to eat as kids in the 90s... as it turns out, starting your day with a big glucose spike courtesy of a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch or toaster strudel is beneficial to one group only, that being the executives of Kellogg et al who fund the purchases of their la Jolla mansions by selling filler and poison to kids.

Finishing up the power phase of my yearly training cycle, which really is nothing too intense. Basically been Olympic lifting twice a week with the goal of B- 225, S-265, D-315 for a few comfortable reps at 155 body weight. Deadlifted today and 315 was easy money, so that's my cue to start my VO2 max phase, which coincides nicely with my move to AK where I won't have regular access to a gym. Way nicer getting 15-20 running miles in a week in up there than it is in the lower 48 in the summer!

i'm firm believer in the nutritional philosophy that if you only do one thing, just one, it would be paramount to cut out all processed/refined/added sugars.

it's eye opening when taken seriously... 90+ % of the grocery store becomes off limits.

I was doing pretty good for bit here and then it kinda all fell apart. Lifting and hockey a few times per week, squatting 225+ again and playing pretty solid defense in the beer league. Then I turned 40 - dislocated my left knee, smashed the other one and had to take it easy for a few weeks. Then I got the stomach bug and lost every ounce of fluid I had in about 3 hours. I couldn't keep a single drop of water down and ended up in the hospital for an IV.

So far I am not a fan of 40

90+ % of the grocery store becomes off limits.

Which is the best thing that can happen to you lol. If everyone stopped eating refined sugars and seed oils tomorrow, it's no exaggeration to say that the world would be unrecognizable in six months. Hospitals would be mostly empty, hundreds of thousands of people would suddenly not be disabled anymore and nobody would need semaglutide. And the billions spent fighting entirely preventable health conditions would then be free to use on... anything else.

Which is the best thing that can happen to you lol. If everyone stopped eating refined sugars and seed oils tomorrow, it's no exaggeration to say that the world would be unrecognizable in six months. Hospitals would be mostly empty, hundreds of thousands of people would suddenly not be disabled anymore and nobody would need semaglutide. And the billions spent fighting entirely preventable health conditions would then be free to use on... anything else.

the pharma industry would borderline go belly up in less than a decade if everyone in america quit processed sugar for good tomorrow.

which is why it'll never happen.

Whelp, looks like my goal this year will be a 16k hour. My 2k split is still >7min which is just fine. Except I once read in M&F some asshat wrote <7min 2k split is really good. So that’s been a bucket list goal.

Attachments

• IMG_1621.jpeg
    IMG_1621.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1620.jpeg
    IMG_1620.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
the pharma industry would borderline go belly up in less than a decade if everyone in america quit processed sugar for good tomorrow.

which is why it'll never happen.

Another one. If everyone in America spent the same amount of time at a light jog that they spend daily on snapchat, virtually every problem our country has would be gone in 100 days lol

Back