HTer Fitness Goals '24 Edition

IMG_5625.jpeg

10K Under 1 hour. Phew.

It’s so difficult to me to really dedicate much effort into fitness plans. Just too easy for plans to get ruined with two young kids.

Can’t remember the last time I got a good nights sleep to facilitate recovery. Just hard to get between kids waking up at night … or worrying about it because kids AREN’T waking up at night. Longer workout sessions cut short because someone doesn’t want to nap. Could go on for days.

I’m not winning any races. Sure feels good to get moving though.

Yes, I did the coast to coast last year. Its road biking, mountain running and river kayaking (hopefully no swimming!) across the South Island.
I don't really do races these days (especially like the coast to coast!) but I found this photo from last summer, I entered a 5 mile race by the coast (does that count?) I was flat out on the last 200m, a bit too fast for my wife's photo skills😂
Dawlishcoasters.jpeg

I have been so inconsistent. My weight is ranging from 214-220, started the year at 217'ish. Intending to get close to 200 by 8/1. I have been good about exercise, so it is all in the diet. My travel has been an issue, but really my own discipline.

How you feeling about that jazzercise outfit?
As I told @Dsnow9 the other day… I have a feeling I’ll be needing to get sized this fall for my outfit. BUT I know for a fact I’ll be in great shape, I’ll work my ass off and I’ll be a better hunting partner than I was the year before. But 2025 is likely when I’ll be nipping at his heels; just feel like the things I want to accomplish physically are best accomplished slow and steady rather than extreme (ie dropping 70 lbs wicked fast, as opposed to dropping fat while maintaining strength).

Either way, going to be a fun fall.

As I told @Dsnow9 the other day… I have a feeling I’ll be needing to get sized this fall for my outfit. BUT I know for a fact I’ll be in great shape, I’ll work my ass off and I’ll be a better hunting partner than I was the year before. But 2025 is likely when I’ll be nipping at his heels; just feel like the things I want to accomplish physically are best accomplished slow and steady rather than extreme (ie dropping 70 lbs wicked fast, as opposed to dropping fat while maintaining strength).

I said if we both shoot a bull on a second choice elk tag I’ll call it a wash. That’s the only way he is getting out of the spandex as far as I’m concerned.

No shame in pink spandex if you hit YOUR goals along the way!

Just be ready to for the “no two trip” rule if you come to Idaho.

Just finished up my 4 week program. My friends wife has been developing it with some colleagues the last few years and I was a test pilot for it. She currently is a head nutrionist for a pro sports team so I decided to trust in it and went all in. 4 weeks and I am down 19.2lbs. Started it at 238.6 now at 219.4. Haven't been this small since 10th grade. Currently 32 years old. I plan on keeping with it until I get around 210-200. I'm feeling really good. Weeks 2-3.5 were rough, lack of energy not recovering fully but now we are moving along. My weight training 5 days a week has been steady, some slight increases in weights some slight decline in stamina.

Into the fitness center before work this morning for some cardio. First time in months I think. I feel like I just got my ass kicked.

Just finished up my 4 week program. My friends wife has been developing it with some colleagues the last few years and I was a test pilot for it. She currently is a head nutrionist for a pro sports team so I decided to trust in it and went all in. 4 weeks and I am down 19.2lbs. Started it at 238.6 now at 219.4. Haven't been this small since 10th grade. Currently 32 years old. I plan on keeping with it until I get around 210-200. I'm feeling really good. Weeks 2-3.5 were rough, lack of energy not recovering fully but now we are moving along. My weight training 5 days a week has been steady, some slight increases in weights some slight decline in stamina.
I'm curious to hear your opinion on why your stamina decreased with weight training? In my experience, my stamina greatly increases when I mix regular weight lifting (sets of 3x12) and cardio excercises.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back