PEAX Equipment

HTer Fitness Goals '24 Edition

I'm not in bad shape for my age. I ruck, lift weights, and do a lot of manual labor around my property. I guess my goal is to keep my current level of fitness, not get injured, and clean my diet up a little more. I also have the goal of being more consistent in my archery practice.

Alright... let's get this thread going.

I have a lot of goals, but the big three are to 1) lift more, 2) get down to the 210s / 220s and 3) ensure that my body is never the weakest link on any hunt.

I've got three (edit 4; thanks @TOGIE) big events prior to hunting season: a trail running stage race in March, a 25 mile vert race in May, a 50k in June and a short mountain triathlon in June.

Other goals are to hopefully spend a few weekend scoutning (🤞 for WY, ID, or NM) and to take the little one backpacking for the first time.

Otherwise, just live a more active life; let work and family get in the way in 2023 and that is on me.
I'm on the same page. My whole life(55 years) my 2 favorite things has been food and hunting. Unfortunately hunting season is just a few months and eating season is year round. I'm naturally a big dude but after I hit 35 I started to really gain weight. I lose weight, I slowly gain it back. I lose, I gain. But one thing for sure is I pay the price in the fall mountains. I hope I can solve this ordeal this year. I'm scheduled for the Frank Church in November. I need to be ready !

For those of you that arent on TrT or testosterone replacement therapy, and are reaching that middle age, get your levels tested. It has been an absolute life changer for me. Turning 40 this year and being able to carry high muscle mass, less muscle soreness after workouts, and a teenage sex drive, has been amazing. When I was originally tested at 38, I had a level of 167, which is around a 60 year old man. I now sit in the 600-900 range. Find you a good doctor that does routine bloodwork and tweaks your dosage for optimal health and longevity.

I’m planning to add swimming back into my winter routine- it has been many years but I always felt awesome after swim workouts. I ran and hiked a lot in 2023 and will again in 2024, but it’s tough in the winter (a treadmill isn't happening, so it’s limited to weekend for the next few months anyway).

My daughter is already at the pool three or four nights a week anyway, there is really no good reason not to hop in and rip off some laps while she is at practice.

You got one last day to live it up before starting on next years goal
We failed comsume all of the New Years junk food mountain.
Fitness angel says throw it all away, tightwad angel says resolutions on hold until it's consumed.

We failed comsume all of the New Years junk food mountain.
Fitness angel says throw it all away, tightwad angel says resolutions on hold until it's consumed.
You could just eat it at a rate that both uses the food and accomplishes your goals, instead of doing a stand in of the Tasmanian Devil from Looney Tunes.....

I lost 25 lbs the first half of last year and ended up gaining back about 15 of that. My goal is to lose another 25 lbs this year, which would put me down 35 lbs from my highest weight in Jan of 2023.

I got into a pretty good routine with lifting and running this past year and want to keep that going. I’m finally at a place where I can rep pull-ups without any counterweight, and that’s something I’ve never been able to do.

Mid-term, I’d like to get to a point where I can complete the Murph workout, though likely modified a bit to not include the weighted vest. Mostly just curious if I can do it, and figure that’s a good goal to build towards.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back