HTer Fitness Goals '24 Edition

• Thread starter Deleted member 52098
  • Start date
I will freely admit that I sign up for longer distances because I'm too scared of a marathon, you actually have to run, like the entire time...
I know... I actually thought about going your route for that very reason.

Unfortunately all my college friends were all great distance athletes, so they've all qualified for Boston on their first attempts. There's 0 chance I can hit that mark. Currently hoping for sub-4hr.

As standard I need to lose some major pounds. I've been doing gym classes 2 days a week with some light weights 2 more days. I'll probably up the weight training. I also have Mountain Tough app that I've been neglecting. Doctor says I may have Meralgia paresthetica (numbness/tingling in my thigh). Likely caused by rapid weight gain pushing on a nerve. Gotta lose a solid 50lbs (again). Starting the work when I get home from the holidays.

Have Spartan Race Super in June. That'll be my mid year check on progress.

Just do a trail 50k. I promise you’ll like it better
Oh I'm sure, but the entire reason for doing this, is that I made a smartass comment to my mom when she was 40. I can't remember what I asked her to do but she said no, and I countered that she was just being a weenie, to which she retorted "You just wait until you're 40." Being the prick I was (am?), "I'll run a marathon at 40 just to prove you're being a weenie."

Time to pay the piper.

Oh I'm sure, but the entire reason for doing this, is that I made a smartass comment to my mom when she was 40. I can't remember what I asked her to do but she said no, and I countered that she was just being a weenie, to which she retorted "You just wait until you're 40." Being the prick I was (am?), "I'll run a marathon at 40 just to prove you're being a weenie."

Time to pay the piper.
Well be an even bigger prick and do the extra 6 miles 😂

I would say loose 30 pounds but after this Christmas season I’m going to need to loose 40 pounds.

Time to pay the piper.
IMG_0950.jpeg

Goals this year are mostly to maintain.
1. Maintain the consistency with the workouts.
2. Keep working on mobility to maintain joint function and keep the aches and pains at bay.
3. I switched last year from primarily cardio workouts to primarily strength training and it has made a remarkable difference. Last goal is to just keep making progress with the strength training.

Keep up with the bodyweight exercises, push-ups, pull-ups, squats, lunges, burpees etc. Cardio when it gets nicer out with the dogs. Hopefully be in great shape for antelope or mule deer and upland birds or coon hunting. Or perhaps to be faster than the kiddo because she likes to get cocky sometimes lol.

I want to go hunt a really tough place for elk next fall that will require backpacking in and packing meat a long ways. I’ve always wanted to hunt it, this year I’m going to do it. Hopefully the G bears don’t get me.

I also think I’m going to really try to shoot a ram this year. Both goals will require some extra conditioning. I also want to stay in better shape for work, just to limit the wear and tear on my body that comes with my job.

The goal is 3 days per week of weights and/or bodyweight strength training, and good cardio at least 5 days a week.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacolleen
Back