Howa bullet

JohnCushman

I just bit the bullet on a Howa 1500 in 30-06. My Ruger American shot 165 grain bullets better than anything else. I was thinking of going with 165 grain in the Nosler Trophy Grade bullets (I don't reload) with AccuBonds. What do you guys think?

Give it a try Cush, if it's accurate in your rifle that should serve you well on about anything. I got a new Howa too and am itching to break it in.

Let us know how it works out.

They are the cat's meow in my Rem 700 -06 on everything I've used them on John.
Started using them when they 1st came out and nothing else hunting since.
Nice choice on new rifle.Been tempted to get a back up -06 for years now,that was in top of list group. Someday.

Last edited:
All the way with the Accubonds, as long as they shoot well for you. But I beg to ask... why an '06 when you already have a score with your 308 & 165's ?

All the way with the Accubonds, as long as they shoot well for you. But I beg to ask... why an '06 when you already have a score with your 308 & 165's ?

I don't have a .308, my wife does and shoots 150's with it. I just like 30-06's as an all around workhorse.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Used to buy Nosler Trophy on sale for the brass....they first fired small groups. Good product.

John I've been wanting to try those bullets myself. If I come down to the valley this week you should give me 5 to try out so I don't have to buy a whole box. I'll buy you the 3 for $3 roller items at Loaf-n-Jug, what say you?

John I've been wanting to try those bullets myself. If I come down to the valley this week you should give me 5 to try out so I don't have to buy a whole box. I'll buy you the 3 for $3 roller items at Loaf-n-Jug, what say you?

Just because I'm fat doesn't mean you can bribe me with food :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back