How to get a carnival ride at Yellowstone

Didn't intend for anyone to get all butt-hurt about the content. Just put it up as another example of dumb things folks do around WILD ANIMALS. It sure wasn't the girl's fault and I'm glad she is OK. Maybe because she was small it was easier to toss her than a 200 pound guy without causing as much harm. This stuff happens more than we know it and yet the same kind of clueless folks keep on walking right up to them for a picture. One of these days it's NOT going to turn out alright and then what? Not going to close the park! Fences? No. Stay in your car? Not hardly. You can't fix stupid.

I can't seem to get over the stupidity i've seen over the years of being in the park. We try and make one or two trips a year and man theres always something. The all around stupidity or lack of knowledge about the outdoors is unreal. What can you expect though from a vast majority of visitors that have never ever seen a deer let alone a buffalo. The dumbest one ive ever saw though was a family literally taking pics of a sow g bear with 2 cubs on the side of the road with their kids out of the vehicle wearing flip flops..........mmmmm whos out running who..... not the kid in flip flops.

At the expense of a 9 year old, come on man .

Maybe he forgot the sarcasm font, and maybe you need to take a step back and evaluate the overall tone of the forum here. The little girl got hurt whether we talk about it or not, whether we joke about it or not, and whether you criticize us or not. The situation is already done. I'm pretty sure the guys judging the landing don't actually think she was a gymnast and that is was part of her routine.

That Hank Patterson video should be mandatory for everyone going into the Park. Glad the kid is ok. Shame on the parents.

Alright, . well I got fired up and called a couple guys out trying to make the situation look worse then it was . That’s my bad, sorry for that .

I understood the dry humor or whatever you call it of the conversation . I just didn’t like the content at all and reacted before thinkng ( I do that a lot ) .

Sorry for the rough morning .

Alright, . well I got fired up and called a couple guys out trying to make the situation look worse then it was . That’s my bad, sorry for that .

I understood the dry humor or whatever you call it of the conversation . I just didn’t like the content at all and reacted before thinkng ( I do that a lot ) .

Sorry for the rough morning .
Don't let the mob dictate your opinion. Maybe those telling you to lighten up should critically think about statements and their perception without inflection.

The young girls happened to be the loser on the 20is member group ignoring obvious warnings posted by the park. Shame on her parents. Glad she's ok.

Didn't intend for anyone to get all butt-hurt about the content. Just put it up as another example of dumb things folks do around WILD ANIMALS. It sure wasn't the girl's fault and I'm glad she is OK. Maybe because she was small it was easier to toss her than a 200 pound guy without causing as much harm. This stuff happens more than we know it and yet the same kind of clueless folks keep on walking right up to them for a picture. One of these days it's NOT going to turn out alright and then what? Not going to close the park! Fences? No. Stay in your car? Not hardly. You can't fix stupid.

This literally happens every single year. Also tourists walking off designated paths into the springs/thermals. Its unreal how many people are ignorant, clueless, or just plain don't care.

If I had a nickle for every stupid parent I tried to splain...it might pay for the injured children of said idiots.
I'd be filthy rich if it was the times I just gave up at the end of the day after said splainin'.
Hope the girl is OK & has some help from CPS...

I hope you were just using words loosely .

“Loving parents leaving a small child to defend herself “

If this is how hunt talkers respond . I’m done with this place.

It’s just the internet, and there is no sarcasm font, you just have to infer a little bit.
Are you sure your name is Riley?

-Riley

I once had a mama cow do that to me as I was trying to get her newborn out of the -20 weather. Probably didn't go as high and sure didn't stick the landing. Glad the bison didn't follow-up after the toss. The girl was pretty lucky. Parents reminded me of a George Costanza episode on Seinfield (Fire!.......Fire!......Fire!)

It made the national news tonight. Said there were at least 50 people around it taking pictures.

Had a similar situation happen on the Big Horns last week on my construction site. Group from PA driving a 70 ft motorhome towing a jeep stop to look at a massive bull moose 100 yards off the rode. By the time I pulled up, the dad, his son and daughter were 20 yards from the moose and sneaking as close as they could, got to within 20 feet before the moose had enough and wandered off into the willows. 100% thought I was about to see someone get trampled. The dad seemed put off when I mentioned that moose are dangerous. Oh well.

Back