Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

How much do you value your residency

Then again, if I ever mistakenly decide to drive I-70 on a Sunday afternoon again I may be forced to reconsider.
solution is leave meteo area for western colo. we made that jump in 2001 and never looked back. We wave at the huddled, gridlocked, masses going opposite way to/from denver on Fridays and Monday's. it was already bad getttin’ in/out of metro denver for the weekend back in 2001

solution is leave meteo area for western colo. we made that jump in 2001 and never looked back.

It bothers me much more than FireTiger, though we do have a pretty fair sized network here that even I would miss. We toured lots of the state from 2010-2012 and even had an offer on a house in Buena Vista that fell through before closing on one in Longmont.

Montrose area is too much of a dirt pile for me. We couldn't find a town we felt comfortable in. Though I've worked remotely since 2008, you still need a great internet connection , so there are still limitations.

There are outdoors benefits to living here as well, with easy access to Eastern CO, Wyoming and Nebraska.

But damn the traffic, both vehicular and foot. I haven't done a hike within 90 minutes in years.

I feel sorry for conservatives and farmers (know a few) in Minnesota, Wisconsin whose state have been hijacked by the marxist crazies

Do I even need to say..... Ohio = No love fest. Days are numbered here! 0-3yrs I'm gone!
Must admit .... I will miss early November in Ohio.

I moved to Wyoming a little over a year ago, and I hope to never, ever leave. Even without the hunting opportunities, the people, taxes, and the firearm laws make it worthwhile to stay. As a bonus, the last time we had a Democrat for a Senator was in 1977!

solution is leave meteo area for western colo. we made that jump in 2001 and never looked back. We wave at the huddled, gridlocked, masses going opposite way to/from denver on Fridays and Monday's. it was already bad getttin’ in/out of metro denver for the weekend back in 2001

I'd love to live on the other side of the tunnel...

It bothers me much more than FireTiger, though we do have a pretty fair sized network here that even I would miss. We toured lots of the state from 2010-2012 and even had an offer on a house in Buena Vista that fell through before closing on one in Longmont.

Montrose area is too much of a dirt pile for me. We couldn't find a town we felt comfortable in. Though I've worked remotely since 2008, you still need a great internet connection , so there are still limitations.

There are outdoors benefits to living here as well, with easy access to Eastern CO, Wyoming and Nebraska.

But damn the traffic, both vehicular and foot. I haven't done a hike within 90 minutes in years.
Yep... most of the state still doesn't have decent internet, the front range is one continuous traffic jam, everywhere is ridiculously expensive.

For me one of the wildest parts of moving to MT was high speed internet. Like you could get high speed internet in Montana. It's 2021, my mom lives 2hrs from Denver and she still is stuck with comcast, 17-20 mbps internet that routinely shits the bed, over in grand county at our family place you can't even get that.

If you are a working dude, then it probably doesn’t make much difference where you live.
You end up fishing 15 days a year and hunting 10 days a year. I could care less about the money aspect when my time is that limited. I’ll spend a thousand dollars a day to make sure I have fun.

Yep... most of the state still doesn't have decent internet, the front range is one continuous traffic jam, everywhere is ridiculously expensive.

For me one of the wildest parts of moving to MT was high speed internet. Like you could get high speed internet in Montana. It's 2021, my mom lives 2hrs from Denver and she still is stuck with comcast, 17-20 mbps internet that routinely shits the bed, over in grand county at our family place you can't even get that.
Dude when I was staying at the Koa in red stone and they had high speed WiFi I was like wtf.
My parent live between Champaign and Mahomet and can’t get it.
How 🤷‍♂️

I’m very happy with my NZ residency :) I can hunt big game all year without restriction for deer (fallow, sika, red, elk, whitetail) tahr, chamois, pigs etc

Mixed with the awesome nonresident western states tags that are available (thank you MT, CO, WY for lettting me hunt!) it’s the perfect mix for me. Just have to sort out travel post-COVID and things will return to perfect!

Western CO has been discovered. Home prices/income ratio is crazy bad.

Where are all these people coming from? Many from Denver Metro, Tejanos, and Californians.

Home state of Idaho still pulls at us, especially now that our parents are needing assistance, but the Idaho we left 20 years ago doesn't exist anymore.

I worked with a guy from Idaho who told me he couldn’t even afford a starter home in his city of birth if he chose to return. That’s sad.
Virtual work didn’t do us any favors.

Reading this thread is making me value my Northeast Wisconsin residency more and more. Really good fishing nearby, hunting is ok- nothing like out West but good enough with enough plenty of public to keep busy in the northern half of the state.

Aside from the outdoors and as for a place to raise a family, I value where we live a great deal. Great school district, low crime, overall nice area and the Fox Valley is just the right size IMO.

Reading this thread is making me value my Northeast Wisconsin residency more and more. Really good fishing nearby, hunting is ok- nothing like out West but good enough with enough plenty of public to keep busy in the northern half of the state.

Aside from the outdoors and as for a place to raise a family, I value where we live a great deal. Great school district, low crime, overall nice area and the Fox Valley is just the right size IMO.
I left Douglas County for a job in Waukesha county. I will update how it pans out. Gonna miss the county forest land I imagine but hopefully open some new opportunities down here. Itching to try some layout boat waterfowling.

I'm an Alaskan. When I visit the lower 48 I know why.
The more people the more government. More government is not good. I built my home n cabin like I want too.
But probably the outdoors is my biggest draw. And the ability to go to remote areas. I love all 4 seasons. And the dark doesn't bother me much. And dealing with the cold is kinda like a challenge. Bring it on.
Mostly. There is no place in America that I could do outside what I do here. All I have to do is walk out the door

30 years now in Idaho from that place that is not named. Some in our small town still see us as "new folks". I took a real career hit to come here but do not regret it. I would not go anyplace else, except Alaska, which I love. We've been here long enough that I can curse those "damned out-of-staters moving in" with a straight face. I value this residency a lot
Sadly, Idaho is the fastest growing state in the nation. Obviously a lot of folks value Idaho residency too.

I've lived in California, Nevada, and Idaho. I get nostalgic when I drive through those old states, but seeing the sprawl turns my stomach. I can't wait to get back to Idaho. To hear someone say they love Nevada because its not crowded make me laugh. I saw it in 1975. Pahrump had just finished their first high school. You could dirt bike for a day and never see a human or a fence.

California? All our family ranch in Madera county is now 5 acre, "ranchettes". Even the term is effeminate.

Then there is the point system thing. goHunt has a thriving business model because the tag systems in the west are totally Fupped. You need a Data Scientist and a Lawyer to work it out.

Idaho rules. When it's too crowded, we'll go to Alaska. Then we will be "Those damned out-of-staters" again.

Just curious if I'm in similar company on here. I live in NE Wyoming and love the perks of being a Wyoming residency. On top of not really paying taxes there isn't a western state that treats its resident better. I recently had a recruiter approach me about taking a similar job in Northern Nevada as an accountant. I know I would have gotten a 15-20k. I quickly said I wasn't interested because I don't want to leave Wyoming. I live the ability to just buy a deer and elk tag at Walamrt and regularly draw a three antelope tags. I do all my hunting on public land. A close second reason was my hatred of moving but really the hunting perks was why I said no. Don't know if anyone else put here would have a similar mindset.
What is good is good man never leave your cakes because someone promised chocolates

Not much now... thousands $ from six neighbors to counter a bull sh!t glamping setup. California's surgeons and nurses joined together to "share the Montana experience" by developing a 32 (originally 64) glamp dome village on 19 acres w/in a private residential neighborhood on the outskirts of Whitefish.
Absolutely no regard for our residential environment... it's all about F-U Montana - California and it's fellow fk'd up State tards own you!

A couple long islands and a bit more reality seeps out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back