Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

how many rifles do own and how many do we use to hunt with each yr

I have way too may......said no one ever!!

I have quite few actually. The only "safe queen" I have is my great-grandfathers pump action 22. Still shoots like a dream and is quite accurate. And by safe queen, I mean it does not see much use. It looks more like a rode hard put away wet trailer queen than the image of "safe queen". But what do you expect for around 100 years old (atleast that's what Ive been told).

My go to hunting rifles are a Lever action 35 Rem and a Bolt 308.
When I get the chance to go out West, in addition to the bolt 308 I will also have a Lever 308 that will be the main and the bolt is back up.
Included in my safe:
Pump 35 Remington. Havent used it for hunting and is the reason I got the lever 35 Rem instead of a 30-30. Its my late grandpas.

SKS 7.62x39. Shot my first two whitetails with this rifle in 1993. I still shoot it today.

Lever action 357 Mag. Don't use it for hunting, but I could if I needed too.

Bolt 30-06. Bought it just because. I thought about a 270 but decided to go this way. I reload for the 308. If I cant find a good load to the bullet, I can now use these bullets in the 06 instead of leaving them lay in the drawer.
I have an AR 223, various handguns (duty, carry, and just plain have them because I want them) a few revolvers again one of them is my late grandpas. Only one shotgun, a Franchi Affinity 12G. Various 22 rifles and a muzzleloader.

My wife and I are in the very beginning stages of adopting a child, a school age son to bless our home with. So I see a couple more purchases in my future.

I prefer to not quantify "how" many guns I have. I know I have 1 empty spot in the safe that needs to be filled.

After that, I'll need a new safe.

5 mussel loaders, 2 custome built , 50 & 54 cal. Flintlock,
2 1830s percussion, 1 inline 50 cal, 45 percussion Hawkens.
I hunt to enjoy the challenge.

3 ARs that I just built. Two 300 blackouts and a 223.

2 bolt guns a tikka 300 winny and a old Springfield 30-06 that was sportarized. It is a shooter but hasn't had a scope on her for years.

2 22 rifles.

8 shot guns

3 muzzys

3 pistols

I have two boys so I have been in hardware aquiring mode.

One. A pre 64 featherweight 30-06. Used, abused, decent shape. Grizzly to grouse. It's not the gun. It's the hunt. Mostly I watch the animals now. Not very trigger happy anymore.

Lost count after 50. Some have been a long time since I have fired them, some I have never fired.

Ruger M77 30.06 and .338 (shooters)
Browning abolt 300 (the elk camp loaner - gets used and abused by others but shoots like a dream an elk killin machine)
7mm08 - the kids 1st rifle, single shot, I cant dial this piece of shiat in for nothing?
Gramps' old Winchester model 57 i believe .22 long - safe queen

Too many. Gonna be listing a Tikka 300 Win Mag (NIB), Howa 308 (NIB), Tristar 12ga OU (NIB) and a used Win 70 in 270 for sale soon.

Last edited:
.17 HMR (savage), .22 (marlin), 25-06 (savage), 30-30 (marlin), 30-06 (ruger), .300 win mag (savage), AR 15 (diamondback arms), AK47 (I.O.), 2 .50 cal inlines (TC/CVA), .50 percussion cap (CVA), my wife's .308 (ruger), my wife's .50 cal inline (CVA), and now my daughter's boyfriend's .308 (savage)

Last edited:
When I was a teenager I had a love affair with guns but by the time I was 18 or 19 I began to look at them as just tools. Sold what I didn't need and only own a Ruger M77 in 7mm Rem Mag. I later bought a T/C Encore and a .308 barrel for my kids to use.
Shotguns.....same thing. I shoot the same Browning A5 that I bought as a teenager. I won an 870 at a DU banquet that I use for dove and quail.

I've been fighting the urge to aquire a stainless Weatherby Vangaurd 30/06 and restock it in a pepper/nutmeg laminate. That would make rifle #11. I really need a bigger safe first.

I have a fair amount, and none are safe queens. I try and have a representative from the different makers I like. I would like to add a Sako and a Howa at some point.

I have taken game with all of them (minus the 375H&H, just haven't had the opportunity). I try and keep all of them in the rotation, variety being the spice of life and all.....

Back