How do you conquer mid winter boredom?

We're going further south and hopping on one Island the first week of March. St. Martin for 12 days. Warm water and white sand.
Good for you, have fun

Remember this is the only island that is controlled by two countries. The north side -Saint Marten will allow you to return home with no tan lines. However; the south side Sint Maarten is also nice ;)

Good for you, have fun

Remember this is the only island that is controlled by two countries. The north side -Saint Marten will allow you to return home with no tan lines. However; the south side Sint Maarten is also nice ;)
So I've heard, thanks! We're booked on the French side but will venture to the Dutch side as well. We had a Windstar cruise scheduled beginning next week but with all the potential port closures due to the kung flu, we unfortunately had to cancel. Hopefully next year! It's an area of the Caribbean we haven't seen yet.

Ice fishing

20220130_105144.jpg

Messing with new rifles
20220105_183737.jpg

Drinking hundreds of dollars in bourbon (FWIW Blantons is overrated. Old Forester and Evan Williams Bottled-in-bond were the best at wildly different prices)

20211231_195432.jpg

Gag gift giving

20211229_214150.jpg

Online dating

Screenshot_20220118-085645_Hinge.jpg

Skiing

20220108_113207.jpg

Canyoneering
IMG-20220117-WA0007.jpg

Not much different than summer just less sleeping outside.

Last edited:
Have never been bored in winter. Same as any other season: too many hobbies and not enough time.

I do a lot of backcountry skiing and a bit of ice fishing, winter camping, and catching up on good books. And beer drinking, can’t forget that.

I used to spend quite a bit of time reloading and dialing rifles in, but anymore its more of a chore than anything.

I read more, can't stand ice fishing, don't tie flies or re-load my own stuff, so hiking/snow-shoe is it. Winter is actually the thing that worries me about retirement next year, looking into volunteer opportunities in town.

cold doesn't really bother me yet, hate the wind, but in our 3 years here there's really been no snow.

Most likely will have an annual trip somewhere, either fly or road-trip, to break up winter. Plan on fly fishing some local creeks that are open, see how that goes. Focus on gym time etc.

shit man, there's always something to do: ice fishing, tons of odds & ends around the house, split wood, call coyotes, workout, read, scout the mountains.....

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back