My life changing elkalope hunt

Outstanding adventure!!
Congrats! Thanks for taking the time to share the full story.

Very cool seeing someone do this and having so much fun and having such an impact on them.

PS-Spread the word to other "Eastern Tenderfoots" how awesome and important public lands in the west are;)

What a cool story. I really appreciated the enthusiasm and emotions that you captured. It's easy to forget the excitement of one's first Western hunt, but reading your story made me think back to my first deer hunt in Wyoming in 1994.

Great pictures, and congratulations on a true adventure.

Buy some good boots, and think about joining BHA :)

Great write up. Congrats on the successful hunt and great memories. Good luck on your quest for Elk and Deer.

PS-Spread the word to other "Eastern Tenderfoots" how awesome and important public lands in the west are;)

Buy some good boots, and think about joining BHA :)

I actually started donating to BHA, RMEF, and NWTF a few years back ... I'm all about the public lands, even though I have only ever used them this once, and I have never chased elk.
*on a side note, the RMEF sent me some knives and they really saved my @$$ on this trip!!!!

Attachments

• 20161010_144825.jpg
    20161010_144825.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 146
Awesome! That's a neat part of Wyoming where you were at. As you said, it's very deceiving in the vertical change.

That area looks really familiar. There were definitely a lot of hunters around that area. Congrats.

Awesome story......I'm 32 from the east and am planning for first elk trip for 2017......This story just got me more pumped. Congrats on an awesome trip!!

This is great! Congrats. It's really nice to hear other hunters showing respect and teaching their kids the same.

Great story and Congrats on a great animal!! This story and the many others like yours is exactly why this is one of my favorite Forums!!!
Thanks for sharing!!

Oh and when it comes to Elk, prepared to be humbled!! haha! As once was told to me, you will on kill on one day of your hunt, you had better enjoy the journey more!! God Bless!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back