Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

How do you conquer mid winter boredom?

I'm sweet and innocent
roflmao

Try to spend a lot more time reading, ice fishing, watch the years hunting shows, and I get till the end of February to still hunt rabbits with the .22…. i.e. wandering around in the woods.

Not with the muzzleloader. We have a two week season in the best part of the whitetail rut here in NC and I figured I should take advantage of it.
I never even fired mine this year :(

The sense of relief when I can finally grab something with a trigger and not have to deal with the 1000 things that always mess up when bowhunting is pretty great. Muzzleloader opener is one of my favorite days.

My son and I ski every weekend. The wife and daughter don’t care for it. I’ve tried ice fishing, but I don’t really enjoy it. I’m actually getting ready to sell all of my ice fishing gear. Snowmobiling is a lot of fun. I bought a pair of snowshoes, but haven’t used them much yet.

Weeks on end of nonstop subzero weather is taking a toll. Even my girlfriend is feeling low. I think a nice long soak in the tub together might make things better. No bubble bath though. I need to see which one of her tire patches is leaking.

How are you guys holding up? 32 psi?
In part, I enjoy finding hot Elk trails near my ranch and setting out the game cams to view them. I mostly set the cameras up to take videos, but here's a still pic of some Cows filing by. I have a pretty big herd about 1/2 mile behind my ranch right now.

Attachments

• SYFW0009.JPG
    SYFW0009.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
My son and I ski every weekend. The wife and daughter don’t care for it. Snowmobiling is a lot of fun. I bought a pair of snowshoes, but haven’t used them much yet.
:love: I am so envious of you guys and gals who can still enjoy winter activities --so much to do and so much fun. However; once my body quit cooperating with me, it opened the door to a whole new world --"island hopping" is not chopped liver ;) It would be even more fun if i could talk some of the single fellows here, like John and Hank to join me--that would possibly open even more doors--some I might not want to go through;)

Went steelhead fishing yesterday. Numbers are crap this year, and the fishing was slow. But the good news is it was 20 degrees in the morning, eyelets were freezing closed, wind blowing - all the classic suffering I’ve come to know and love.

Otherwise, reload, check calves, take the family for day hikes, and a little bit of extra hibernation this time of year.

We're going further south and hopping on one Island the first week of March. St. Martin for 12 days. Warm water and white sand.

I can ice fish & ski until just about turkey season. Only problem is finding free time and people to split gas with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambushpredator
Back