Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

He's not big, but...

TheTone

Really how big of a bull can you expect when its spike only.

I had a great archery season this year, with seeing multiple bulls and getting into them pretty much everytime I was out. A couple of the bulls were really good, I just couldn't close the deal on them. The tag I buy gives a two week rifle spike hunt in October. Today was the last day of the spike elk and I didn't manage to get out of the house as early as I really wanted. Started with seeing a calf right out of the truck and then ran into a decent 6 point following a herd into the timber. I decided to head above the herd and skirt the hill above them. As I was working the ridge I ran right into a cow and calf and caught a short glimpse of a spike going away from me in the thick stuff. I could hear more elk under me so I moved forward a little and got a glimpse of another spike and a cow coming up under me in the brush. I got a good rest on a downed log and was waiting for the spike to clear the brush when another spike arrived and ran into the opening in front of me. A couple of OK shots later and it was time to start cutting and packing. Thankfully the pack wasn't too far and I was able to reach two friends on my cell who came and packed way more than I anticipated. I guess I get to buy a new freezer this week.

Attachments

• Oct 28 Spike 5resize.jpg
    Oct 28 Spike 5resize.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 310
Right on man! Wish I could have came down and hunted with ya. Next year if you are still down there I may have to take a week and come down and hunt with ya and explore some new country. LIL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back