Caribou Gear

Here's my Ponies...

D

Deerslayer

...I promised Bear Creek, Roper, Elkhunter, Muledeer4me, B'cat, Shadowrider
and the others who helped me with buying ponies, I'd post a pic when I
got one developed.....where here she are!.....

fe816a4e.jpg.orig.jpg

fe81689e.jpg.orig.jpg

Thanks to all of you who helped me, I do appreciate it...
DS

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 20 May 2001 08:22: Message edited by: Deerslayer ]</font>

Hey DS ,I hope I am the first one to tell you -----Wooo Hoooo way to go nice looking horses. I have been wondering about how it was going.Looks like you did real good.
Next pictures I want to see them earning there keep by packing something.
Good to hear from you.

Thanks Deb....was that Whooo Hoooo.....or Whoooaaaaa, ya dang horse, let me off!!!:D:D:D

You probably couldn't tell from my facial expression in the pix....but I'm beaming just like a new pappa!:D
It's all going well so far.....but hey, no backcountry packing yet!.....just been ridin' up and down the front range......no regrets...yet!
They keep me plenty busy.....but I love keepin' after 'em,.....heck, I even shovel fertilizer once a day....just so I know I'm "in it deep!" :D
DS

LB......I was kinda wondering if they had a touch of the "grass belly" myself!:D....nothing that can't be ridden off I guess. I may be feeding them a little more than I should.....I'm weak!:D

I wanted to tell you and Spotted Owl I do appreciate your kind words......I'm listening......
DS

nice pics of the horse deerslayer.. now lets see the rest of the house and the property you got.....

Delw

Delw.....I've been so busy with the horse finding mission,....I forgot I even bought a new place!:D......it ain't new exactly......an old farm house on three acres, I'm right on the Poudre River and have my own well in addition to city water, so I have all the free water I want....I think they call it an Adjudicated well.....but I know they have grandfathered them out here on the front range, so if you don't have one deeded to your property, look to pay between $20,000 and $30,000 water buy in.....so the well was a big plus. I am a contractor, and immediately am doing about $100,000 dollars in renovations to the place(not my cost!:D) including an extra bathroom, two bedrooms, enlarging another bath, front porch, back porch, and a second story viranda, with my trophy/game room scheduled for sometime at the end of the summer. The place was about 2500sq ft when we bought it, and I had to give just under $300,000(front range property is outrageous!)but with the additions, we'll be just over 4000 sq.ft. My goal is to have everything tightened up by the fall, as I hope to be pre-occupied with other things!:D
I'll take a pic and get it posted as soon as I can.......gotta go, I think I hear a horse neighing!!!!:D
DS

Them are nice big ponies DS. Good on ya. DOnt look too fat to me, they look just right. Good luck with them, and any more ya get ahold of. THe one with the white eye looks like an indian pony. :D:D Did ya nmae him Warhoop?:D:D I bet they will be able to carry more than 120 pounds!!:D bcat

Thanks Elkhunter and B'cat.

Elkhunter....you were great help with the packing site....I was taking notes....

.....but I gotta go out here and say there's nothing like the first hand experience I got packing with B'cat last fall. He does it right, and for a rookie like myself to get a firsthand view of how it should be done....well, let's just say that's something you want get from a book or off a computer. I should have been paying him for letting me tag along and get a feel for what a triue backcountry pack-in was like....thanks B'cat, I do appreciate all you did for me, and I haven't forgotten it.

....and as far as my ponies....your being WAY too kind!.....you know they could stand to shed some pounds!:D......I will learn restraint with the feed bucket with time.:D
DS

Deerslayer-Honestly those horses look to be in good shape. Not too fat not to skinny.... Ya know how pictures seem to make women look fat (THEY SAY), I think they lok good. My horses are WAY skinnier than that, but it was a tough winter here. If youre looking for more ponies I will keep my eyes open. This is a bad time of year for finding good ones because all the dude outfitts are buying horses....Looks to me like you did good tho. Did ya get your packsaddles and stuff yet? bcat

B'cat.....I am looking for one more .....but will hold tight with two until just the right one comes along...I'm in no hurry, but would like to have him before fall. I say him, as I want to stay to geldings....less chance of trouble on my small ground here. I would appreciate you keeping your eyes open, that is good of you. You know WAY more than me when it comes to finding decent ponies. I did great on the bay.....but the one I liked the most, the paint, has turned out to be a little stubborn. He is great on trails....but when the kids try to ride him here at home....he acts out a little....not wanting to get rode. I can handle him good, but he pretty much has his way with the rest of my crew. The bay is a perfect pony.....does exactly what he's asked to do....even from an inexperieced kid rider. I wish the paint was the same kinda horse..... he's great on trails......but lousy in the yard.

I haven't bought the packs yet....but plan to in the next couple of weeks....I've been looking. I'm thinking, since the horses will mainly be for riding, I might do better with the packs that work over the riding saddles for two of the horses. And maybe the 3rd horse with a regular pack saddle. That way......if I'm heavy loaded....I could lead the horse in.....but have the saddle to ride with once back in. You know....I gotta maximize only taking 10% the horses weight in a load!:D

Have you gotten any rain for your first cutting of Alfalfa?.....maybe this year will be better than last for you as far as the rain goes.......
DS

Hey DS,
Good looking ponies! Good thing you got such big ones. I remember the pictures of your hunting camp. You're gonna need some draft horses to get all that stuff back in. :eek: :D

Are you sure you moved to Colorado? Looks more like you bought one of those white fenced Kentucky horse farms to me. ;)

By the way, where's my three legged pony. You saving the best for last? hehe SR

Thanks a many Delw.....did you make it down to turkey hunt with Shadow?

Shadow....almost bought your 3-legged steed the other day....but got to thinking a mule or burro might be better suited for ya!:D

Indy Jay is slated for the sway back mare, if I can get her for $75 instead of the $100 their asking!:D
DS

DS, Glad ya stopped by and Posted some pics.. I don't know Crap about Horses but they sure look mighty fine to ME......

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> heck, I even shovel fertilizer once a day <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't feel bad DS, I do that daily around here :D:D

You going to show us a ELK on the bac kof that Horse of yours ?~?~?~?

Moosie,.....if you don't know crap about horses.....that puts you right there with me!:D

As far as that pic of an elk on the back.....I'll do good to keep me on the back of my ponies.....much less an elk!:D.....now I'm sure I can start a "funniest videos"....or "blooper pix" thread after one of my outings this fall!:D:D:D
DS

DS, i will be looking forward to the funniest video and bloopers topics come fall. Also looking forward to the elk on the back of one of them. Best of luck with your new found friends and enjoy them very much.

Well If you're going to Be on Funnies Videos' Ya might as Well have a Critter on the back

Just think, If ya take a break from making all that money you can PRACICE before this "FALL".....

HEHE Pun intended *WINK* HEHEH GET IT ;)

I must confess....I DID get bucked off of the paint.....BUT I WASN"T READY!!!!!!:D
...........and besides, I don't think he meant it!:D:D
.......I got right back on him though.....I read that somewhere!:D:D:D
DS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back