Hello from Colorado...

spesh

I've wanted to hunt since I was a kid. Spent my 20's focused on athletics and am too old for that now. My daddy didn't hunt. My grandpa didn't hunt. No one in my family does. Don't have any friends that hunt. I have a 1 year old boy and am generally anxious about the prospects of relying on the grocery store to feed him. It's time to shit or get off the pot. Took the requisite hunter safety course last year but have not yet acquired a rifle (paralysis by analysis here...too many options). My father exposed me to hand guns as a kid and I'm picking that back up. Other than that, I'm starting from zero. Looking for places and people to leach knowledge from. This place seems like it belongs in that discussion.

Welcome from PA! Feel free to msg me I’m willing to help you any way I can.

Welcome!!! Good luck I hope you find a mentor. Check out gohunt or Randy’s videos on escouting.

Welcome, I have a kiddo that is just over a year. Similar story, no family members that hunt, just decided to pick it up with a couple friends and it has become a big part of my life. I would say look into BHA or other conservation/hunting events in your area.

Welcome. Find yourself a mentor that will walk with you in person. This forum is super helpful but getting someone to hunt with you is priceless.

Welcome. Find yourself a mentor that will walk with you in person. This forum is super helpful but getting someone to hunt with you is priceless.

No doubt. Also no clue how to make that happen. Have one contact in Montana though...

Welcome. I am in the Springs and was an Adult Onset Hunter as well (33 for me). Feel free to PM if there are in questions I might be able to help with.

Welcome from Southern Colorado.

This is the right place to be indeed. As long as you are polite and contribute to conversations you will find what you need here.

Welcome!

I've wanted to hunt since I was a kid. Spent my 20's focused on athletics and am too old for that now. My daddy didn't hunt. My grandpa didn't hunt. No one in my family does. Don't have any friends that hunt. I have a 1 year old boy and am generally anxious about the prospects of relying on the grocery store to feed him. It's time to shit or get off the pot. Took the requisite hunter safety course last year but have not yet acquired a rifle (paralysis by analysis here...too many options). My father exposed me to hand guns as a kid and I'm picking that back up. Other than that, I'm starting from zero. Looking for places and people to leach knowledge from. This place seems like it belongs in that discussion.
A lot of knowledge here. Started from scratch myself, no mentors. Welcome!

You are no longer on step 0 after joining this site. Welcome to step 1. Going to be a fun journey with lots work, memories and friends that never ends… Lots of good info and people here to communicate with and learn from. Welcome!

Congratulations, you now have two of the most enjoyable and expensive things in your life now.
Lol, you can learn plenty from these forums, and most folks on here are helpful. Some will even give you gps coordinates...
What part of CO are you based?

Welcome! I'm sure you will learn about interacting here and be hunting in no time!

Congratulations, you now have two of the most enjoyable and expensive things in your life now.
Lol, you can learn plenty from these forums, and most folks on here are helpful. Some will even give you gps coordinates...
What part of CO are you based?

Thanks, I'm in Lakewood.

Certainly use to expensive hobbies 😬

Thanks, I'm in Lakewood.

Certainly use to expensive hobbies 😬
Welcome! I’m just a bit north of ya. For a rifle you can get pretty lost in the weeds so I recommend a common caliber like a .270,308,7mag,30-06. Also I’d spend more on the scope than the rifle.

Back