Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Hello from Colorado...

Welcome! I’m just a bit north of ya. For a rifle you can get pretty lost in the weeds so I recommend a common caliber like a .270,308,7mag,30-06. Also I’d spend more on the scope than the rifle.
I thought I was set on the 30-06 but recently have been feeling good going with 6.5 creedmoor

I've wanted to hunt since I was a kid. Spent my 20's focused on athletics and am too old for that now. My daddy didn't hunt. My grandpa didn't hunt. No one in my family does. Don't have any friends that hunt. I have a 1 year old boy and am generally anxious about the prospects of relying on the grocery store to feed him. It's time to shit or get off the pot. Took the requisite hunter safety course last year but have not yet acquired a rifle (paralysis by analysis here...too many options). My father exposed me to hand guns as a kid and I'm picking that back up. Other than that, I'm starting from zero. Looking for places and people to leach knowledge from. This place seems like it belongs in that discussion.
Welcome. I'm in Colorado too, Littleton to be exact. My grandpa was a hunter but never took me out. My father never hunted or owned any guns. I have a .22LR and would like to hunt rabbits. It's a little intimidating to go out at it alone, but I have to to make the jump at some point. What are you looking to hunt and where?

Welcome. I'm in Colorado too, Littleton to be exact. My grandpa was a hunter but never took me out. My father never hunted or owned any guns. I have a .22LR and would like to hunt rabbits. It's a little intimidating to go out at it alone, but I have to to make the jump at some point. What are you looking to hunt and where?

Long-term goal is elk and deer. I'll go wherever they are :). I've been reading the advice to start small, rabbits and squirrels and the like. Honestly doesn't really interest me much though.

Welcome to site!! As usual I will say this. This forum is loaded with cheese connoisseurs. I learned early Velveeta isn't cheese, always remember that.

Welcome I don’t live in Colorado but feel free to pm me anytime. I’ve been hunting almost every critter in the woods for over four decades…got my first single barrel.410 at five! Just a suggestion you might want to start out this year with small game. They can teach you a lot!

I've wanted to hunt since I was a kid. Spent my 20's focused on athletics and am too old for that now. My daddy didn't hunt. My grandpa didn't hunt. No one in my family does. Don't have any friends that hunt. I have a 1 year old boy and am generally anxious about the prospects of relying on the grocery store to feed him. It's time to shit or get off the pot. Took the requisite hunter safety course last year but have not yet acquired a rifle (paralysis by analysis here...too many options). My father exposed me to hand guns as a kid and I'm picking that back up. Other than that, I'm starting from zero. Looking for places and people to leach knowledge from. This place seems like it belongs in that discussion.
I also came here to learn as starting to hunt in my 30s. Welcome!

Welcome I don’t live in Colorado but feel free to pm me anytime. I’ve been hunting almost every critter in the woods for over four decades…got my first single barrel.410 at five! Just a suggestion you might want to start out this year with small game. They can teach you a lot!

I'm on the next year train at this point, way too much going on in the few short weeks before the winter.

I'm looking to hunt some small game in Colorado this year, rabbit to be exact. I was thinking the eastern plains, I've heard this is the spot for rabbits here. Would you recommend I contact some landowners first, open space, and how would you go about scouting a piece of land for some rabbits? Thanks.

Welcome from next door in Golden! I'm in a similar boat as you, no family or close friends that hunt. Been piecing it together the last few years. Happy to share my knowledge and process

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back