Hello from Australia

Jackal

Hello from Australia, I stumbled across this forum whilst listening to the pod cast. I'm 31 and have been shooting for 20 years.
Over here I mainly hunt red fox, rabbits and goats. We have numerous species of deer in Australia but sadly not on properties I have access to.
I currently own a .22 , 204 and a 308 but soon hope to purchase a light weight 7mm-08 in a tikka t3.
Anyway just thought I would pop by and say hello.

Welcome and good call on that tikka in 7mm-08. We are having a bit of a public land debate here the states and your predicament on deer hunting is a perfect illustration of what we fear. It would be interesting to get more of your perspective on this debate.

Welcome! I believe their is another Australian or two on the forum.

My wife and I spent a month in your country for our honeymoon, and there is a lot to love about Australia. Hopefully you find some useful stuff here.

Hi Jackel, welcome to a great forum. I have a T3 7mm08, been an awesome rifle for big game. If you are planning a trip to USA I'd be happy to share my experience as a non resident. Cheers.

thanks for the welcome guys, In my State South Australia we don't have any public land access. All access is private so its all about who you know unfortunately. I would love to visit the US one day and do some hunting, you guys have it made.
Well i'm late for work. Till next time guys and thanks again for the warm welcome.

thanks for the welcome guys, In my State South Australia we don't have any public land access. All access is private so its all about who you know unfortunately. I would love to visit the US one day and do some hunting, you guys have it made.
Well i'm late for work. Till next time guys and thanks again for the warm welcome.

Don't overlook NZ, they really have it made and it's slightly closer to you.

We have it made? I have been to South Australia and I think you are doing pretty well down there. I remember watching the Grand Prix in Adelaide, bike touring the Barossa Valley wine country (it's tougher than you think when you are over served), beautiful women, topless beaches, and some of the best beer I have ever tasted. I would pay good $$$ for a case of VB shipped to my house.

Sorry, no tears for your luck here ;)

We have it made? I have been to South Australia and I think you are doing pretty well down there. I remember watching the Grand Prix in Adelaide, bike touring the Barossa Valley wine country (it's tougher than you think when you are over served), beautiful women, topless beaches, and some of the best beer I have ever tasted. I would pay good $$$ for a case of VB shipped to my house.

Sorry, no tears for your luck here ;)
VB? You are easy to please, that is possibility the worst beer we have :eek: Barossa is certainly nice, better if there were public lands to hunt in the Barossa.
I'm certainly going to be making a NZ trip in the future, looks like an amazing place to hunt and just beautiful in general.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back