Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

HECS gear?

danadrums

Hey All,
Has anyone tried the HECS gear, the suits that claim to block your electronic aura?
I have seen a few of the shows, and being an engineer, it intrigues me, but I would like to hear some real-world experiences.

Thanks.

--Dana

I'm not sold on the idea that your "electronic aura" is something that needs to be stopped. I don't really doubt that we emit some form of EM field, but 1) Can game animals really sense this to a reasonable degree? 2) Would the human body emit enough to be sensed? 3) Does the material actually prevent any of the aforementioned issues? 4) If it actually is effective, are you giving up something else that would offset any potential gains?

Not saying it won't work, but I am quite skeptical.

If you don't have the wind right you can capture your electronic Aura(if it can be detected), your light beams that come out of your eyes, your spiritual fortitude, your Chrystal ball reading abilities, and your quantitative hope in your Brain and it still won't matter.

One day I'm going to invent something that does "something" that nobody can prove really works or not just so a bunch of people can measure their private parts about how much they spent on my product. Then I'm gonna come out with a limited edition model of this product and make these rich dudes eBay the products they already bought so they can upgrade to this newer edition model and start measuring again.

Judas Priest.

Stubaby, can I invest in your new company? Maybe we can buy the patent for whiskydogs foil hats. I think your business model is proven to work and virtually guaranteed to work. All we have to do is shoot some pen raised buck off a corn pile and we'll sell thousands of foil hats.

I dont believe in any of that stuff. I throw on some camo and go. No scent blocker no attractive scents no face paint no battery powered mosquito stuff and no hecs gear. I have had deer on many occasions at less than 10 yards.

My neighbor bought into the idea. I'm still very skeptical. He'll be using if for deer, elk, antelope, and duck up here in Idaho this year. I am curious to see if it helps at all, although I don't think it will pose any advantages.

It's all bs. As was said above, play the wind and limit movement. I can't imagine having enough money to blow some of it on HECS clothes.

You guys are haters, I've already gotten my pickup coated with it. They'll be calling me 'Ninja Road Hunter' in no time.

I watched the HECS tv show once. What a bunch of BULL$!+. Hard to believe people can be so gullible.

A couple Hecs hunters came out here 3 yrs ago to hunt the ranch co-op I had put together.
I just scouted. They had blown a few stalks before they came to a small ranch I said they should have started with as I had seen a very nice 6x6 in there.
Guide took them to were I told them to,but they set up with bow in hand in the wide open instead of near any cover.I was glassing the whole show from a hill 1/2 mi away.

The cows came out to cross where they had been with the bull in the middle.
They walked right up to these 2 Hecs guys(1camera guy) and the guide at least back by a corral,sort of hidden.
The herd milled within ft of these 2 then got a wiff and headed for cover..... leaving the bull in the open 20 yrds away. But the whole thing had taken too long in the waning daylight. The guy was drawn and ready ......I waited and waited for the shot.
The 365" 6x6 just walked into the pinions and disappeared.

The trio grouped and I could sort of hear all kinds of questions being asked by the guide and all kinds of loud replies came from the hunter as I walked down the hill to find out how he had blown a chance of a lifetime.
He could not see his pins. But he started bragging about how good his Hecs gear was

So maybe it works,but I dunno really.
I do know they overthought it and forgot about basics. Smart guys,one a lead detective. The other a professor.....

I got a hat and a laugh out of the deal.

Kinda figured this would be a "lively" discussion.
Thanks for all the input and humor.
I am sufficiently skeptical that I'm sure I can find a better use for my money -- like, some of this good ale I've been trying lately.
It WAS worth asking, tho...

--Dana

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back