Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Have we any lure collectors on here?

Wally Dog

My Father passed away on 9/11 so I spent a couple of weeks back in western Minnesota getting my Mom squared away etc.
Long and short is I brought home a number of old spoons, spinners, spearing decoys and handful of crankbaits. They were primarily used for Northern pike, muskie & walleye. I fairly sure they are largely from the 30's, 40's and 50's. I've been doin a little internet research but have not found any good information on these types of baits. Seems like most of the collectables came from parts further east and south. Does anyone know of a reliable source or sources of information on these "northern" type baits?
Advise if'n anyone has ideas.
Thanks
WD

There is a guy here in Payson that collects lures. He might be able to help. His name is Ken Gouker 928-474-4943

WallyDog,

I collect old wooden lures myself. And am working up a collection to display in my billiard room. I have a book that I purchased at Borders Books. It is a price guide strictly for vintage lures. You can find it in the collectibles selection under "lures" Pretty easy to find. If you think you may be willing to sell some of them let me know, I'd like to see what you have.

Aaron

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back