Have show times changed??

konasage

I just looked at the lineup on the SC tonight and there was no OYOA???? WTH Randy can you shed some light on this please .... Thanks!

Not Randy, but I'm pretty sure the show only runs for the 3rd and 4th quarters. Will have to wait until July now, or order the DVDs.

Thanks Oak. Wish the Chukar season was like Wyoming and went to the end of Jan. Oh well, good time to focus on the geese. :)

Yeah, show times have changed. Here is the gig.

Our originals air in Q3 and Q4. Given the feedback they get from people about our show, they provided us some "untaken" slots for Q1 and Q2, at a price we couldn't refuse. In the next six months, we will re-air selected episodes from Seasons 1, 2 and all of Season 3.

For Q1, those slots are what you would expect for leftovers. But, they are still slots where people can watch or DVR. I am thankful to the network for realizing the appeal of our show and making this possible for us, our viewers, and our sponsors.

Here are the Q1 time slots (ALL TIMES MOUNTAIN TIME)

Wednesdays - 7:30AM
Fridays - 3:30PM
Saturday - 3:30AM (cure for the insomniacs)

And here is the roll order of episodes for Q1:

1. This week, Season Three NM archery elk, where I shoot the bull at two yards.
  2. MT Bighorn, Season 2
  3. MT Elk, Season 2
  4. MT Muley, Season 2 (Lawnboy is the star)
  5. CO Bighorn, Season 2
  6. NM Pronghorn, Season 2 (Idaho Bugler walks right up to a buck and arrows him in the wide open)
  7. ND Archery Deer, Season 2 (Buschy breaks out his Michael Jackson glove)
  8. MT Whitetail, season 2 (Oak shoots a great public land whitetail buck)
  9. MT Bear, Season 1
  10. MT elk, Season 1 (Lawnboy saves the day)
  11. NM elk, Season 1
  12. NM archery elk, Season 3
  13. MT Bighorn, Season 2

Then in Q2, we will repeat all of Season Three that just ended airing last week.

And in case you haven't noticed, the network has not got the program guide updated (at least not on Direct TV). Would not want to be the person getting those calls and emails from the shows that were doing their premier airings this week, only to have their times listed incorrectly. OUCH.

I have my DVR set on the sportsman channels to record all the waterfowl hunting shows. It has been recording what it says is the waterfowl hunting shows but when I watch it is fishing or some other hunting show???

That's cool. Congrats on the added airings. But they can still buy the DVDs. ;)

Lots of new shows debuting. I set some recordings today to check a few of them out.

That's cool. Congrats on the added airings. But they can still buy the DVDs. ;)

Oh, yes. Please, buy DVDs. Buy early and buy often. :D

I am watching the DVD sales this year compared to last. No doubt we are behind the pace of last year. Not sure if that is timing, economy, or the fact that we have put episodes up on the site to be viewed online.

My wife told me I was stupid, but now she has proof. I spend $6,000 to increase rack space for streaming live epsiodes, just so I can reduce my DVD sales. Hmmmm. Smart wife, dumb husband.

Might have to rethink the "live streaming" for next year when the contract renews in June. I know that hurts some folks who don't get the network, but the website cost is already about $20,000 per year, that I have no real way to recover without cheesing it out with ads.

Add the streaming costs to that, and it is hard to justify. Not complaining, as I think the website is a real value to our show and our sponsors. The feedback and interaction we get from the site gives us a ton of ideas of how we produce the show. Just have to make some cost-benefit decisions and try to continue keeping it as professional as possible.

Our traffic is very high, not just registered users, but tons of lurkers. Probably in the top ten site traffic of all outdoor TV shows. That is good. I get lots of emails from ad groups wanting to "rent" the real estate on this site for ads from their network of companies. Historically the site has only had ads from companies involved in the TV show. I would like to keep it that way.

Those ad services slow down the speed of the site and do make things look very cluttered. Not what I am looking for.

So, we have been investigating other ways to offset some costs the website places on us. Some are by increasing revenue and some will be by reducing expenses. Whatever we do, it will be in a way that continues with how we have always operated this site.

Sorry for the ramble. How did I take a DVD comment and twist it into this long winded spiel of drivel? :confused: Need more coffee.

I may have to buy the DVDs my DVR didn't recognize the last few weeks as new episodes so they didn't record. How many episodes are in season three?

Back