Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Have people lost common sense

Nor should you trust people that dogs don’t like!
Wildabeast, that is so true. Our dogs have always been well-socialized and friendly. The few people they have taken offense to turned out to worthless scoundrels.

In order to loose common sense you have to assume they had it in the first place. Idiocracy is rampant, contagious, and has spread around America for generations.

My dog is a spayed female that will bite other female dogs if they get too close. I keep my dog on a leash all the time while others let their dogs run wild. Apparently, I'm some kind of a monster when their dog gets bit by a dog on a leash.

"Common since the the collection of prejudices aquired before the age of 18" Einstein

What is common to you isn't common to everyone. Folks who have never had a bad experience with dogs interacting probably assume all dogs are like theirs. People that don't hunt don't understand that your dog is practicing, not playing. To hate a man for ignorance is to hate him for lack of opportunity. Hopefully you taught him something that day and he will be more responsible in the future.

My GSP bitch is great to people and is fine with dogs if she approaches them. But if dogs come rushing up into her face it's a different story.

I've had a couple of issues over the years where people have let their off the leash dogs run up into my bitches face to their peril. There's nothing tempting enough in this world for her to break a heel command but I still keep her leashed around other dogs so owners have no way to argue my bitch into the wrong.

I pity the man that doesn't see the value of a dog, there's no friend like them. If you don't believe me, lock your missus and your dog up in the shed for ten hours then see which is happy to see you at the end.

So took my lab down to the river to get her a swim in. Was amazed the boat ramp was almost empty so I go to the far side to throw her bumper for her where ill be out of the way of any trailers or boats. couple throws in a guy 40-50yrs old walks by with his dog on a leash, then he proceeds to walk down the same ramp almost right up to me. His dog is super jealous of my dog swimming and wants to go in. My lab is alll business wants no part. I am pretty annoyed since he has no clue what my dogs demeanor is and i have no clue his. While my dog is swimming back in he drops the leash and lets his swim out. Of course it swims right to my lab who is thankfully nice but you could tell super annoyed that this dog is trying to steal her bumper. At that point I look over "Dude seriously, I mean no disrespect but I don't know you or your dog and i'm over here by myself." He proceeds that his dog is nice and all and i inform him he is damn lucky that isn't my wire hair out there because she would have ripped his dog a new one trying to grab a toy from her and let his dog sink out there. He then acts like i'm the ass and leaves. I guess it worked in the end but come on. Some peoples kids. Maybe its the heat or my bitter self but I keep seeing this kind of dumb ass none thinking in different aspects. Tell me its not just here in WA? Maybe I just need some more mountain therapy away from the city.

That crap happens to me all the time...

The other one chaps my ass is when people with big dogs bring their's over to mine and then get offend when I pick up Gus and put him on my shoulders.

"Look, I get it your pitbull is a sweetie, my corgi is a jerk, he hates other dogs... especially when he's going after bumpers and is going to bite your dog in the face and then your dog is gonna kill him. Everyone's gonna have a bad day. So when I said NO your dog can't say hi I meant it."

I certainly don't get pissed if their dogs run up, dogs are dogs but don't get all pissy when I specifically say no, what are you 7.

anyway...

Last edited:
@wa_archer funny man, I was just thinking that brown dog is 11 yours are like 8 or 9 right? I don't think they've ever met and I see you more than about anyone else outside our fam.

worst offender, Jack Russell terrier, those little dogs are fearless haha! Try taking on a Burmese mountain dog that you'd only be able to bite their calf? They do without a single hesitation. I wonder if they say send it before starting the fight?

I chalk it up to little man syndrome to the extreme haha

And I have personally seen a little Jack Russell Terrier run off more than one Grizzly!

I walk my dog every morning to a big field where I turn her loose to run. One day I saw a woman walking her dog in the field so I put mine back on the leash, because that's just what you do right? well she didn't leash hers so of course her dog came running over. She yelled out the usual "Don't worry she's friendly" The words were barely out of her mouth before her dog attacked. I'm in the habit of holding the leash short in my left hand so that with my right hand I can use the end of the leash for a whip just for such events. The dog yelped and backed off. The woman of course was apologetic and of course "she's never done anything like that before." I was less than friendly as I walked away but let it ride. Two days later I saw the same dog being walked by a teenage girl. I noticed it had a muzzle on it's snout. People don't muzzle their dogs if "she's never done anything like that before" They muzzle their dog because animal control tells them to do it or loose the dog.

@wa_archer funny man, I was just thinking that brown dog is 11 yours are like 8 or 9 right? I don't think they've ever met and I see you more than about anyone else outside our fam.
Well I'm afraid to bring the wire hair around other dogs been enough stitches to others from that one. Hadn't really thought about it for the lab although she would have a tough time keeping up on the chukar slopes and brown dog probably freeze in the duck blind.

Back