Have people lost common sense

One of millions of reasons not to have dogs. They’re just a headache overall. Even when you don’t have dogs you still have to listen to the damn neighbors mutt bark every freaking time you go in your own backyard! Damn I hate dogs. . . I like mule deer mounts and bear rugs though😆
Dogs are like people, some of them really suck. I'm a yellow lab guy, but my neighbor has the worst yellow lab I've ever been around, I hate that dog. On the other hand the two yellows I've had were/are awesome dogs, dont bark, friendly, love hunting, etc. I don't even enjoy bird hunting anymore without my dog. I'm sure I'm not a minority on here to say there are only about 10 people in this world I care about more than my dog. To each their own....

Sounds like he was off in la la land. I don't ever trust dogs that don't know each other off leash. My dog is submissive, but like others have said they only take so much before lashing out, and having no physical leash to separate them results in handler injuries too.

Sounds like you handled the situation fine, the other guy probably assumes the best in dogs that they will be friendly ( mostly true, but not always)

I once was loading my boat on the trailer at the ramp and a older couple walked up let their dog off leash to swim around and then as soon I I opened my door and went to hook the boat up the dog ran and jumped in the cab soaking wet and shook off. The couple laughed and thought it was funny as i tried my hardest not to take my anger out on the dog as I yanked him out of my truck. As soon as I went to talk to the guy about how he needs to be able to control his dog and it's not so funny my cab and electronics just got soaked. I figured it wasn't worth it to push the issue any more as they were completely clueless that thas wasn't cool at all and they need to be able to control thier dog. I might as well been talking to a pile of rocks.

I love dogs. Some people are complete morons. I guess good for them, ignorance is bliss?

Last edited:
In the winter, I have to really watch it with the little, 4 lb, ferocious sh*tstain, white, yappy, attack demons that these snowbirds let run around off leash.
My harmless dog is kind of ornery to other dogs but harmless, while my 70 lb pitbull is very nice, but it would only take one bite.
I just don’t understand how those little dogs got that way. It isn’t natural. Darwinism shouldn’t allow for a dog to unprovoked attack a dog 10x it’s size.
a Maltese running 100 yards across a park to attack my pitbull is like a a fox attacking a grizzly bear. It would never happen.

In the winter, I have to really watch it with the little, 4 lb, ferocious sh*tstain, white, yappy, attack demons that these snowbirds let run around off leash.
My harmless dog is kind of ornery to other dogs but harmless, while my 70 lb pitbull is very nice, but it would only take one bite.
I just don’t understand how those little dogs got that way. It isn’t natural. Darwinism shouldn’t allow for a dog to unprovoked attack a dog 10x it’s size.
a Maltese running 100 yards across a park to attack my pitbull is like a a fox attacking a grizzly bear. It would never happen.
worst offender, Jack Russell terrier, those little dogs are fearless haha! Try taking on a Burmese mountain dog that you'd only be able to bite their calf? They do without a single hesitation. I wonder if they say send it before starting the fight?

I chalk it up to little man syndrome to the extreme haha

"Don't worry he/she's nice." As they let theirs approach yours without asking. "Mine's not." Even then, several don't understand. The number of times I've seen aggressive dogs tear the leash out of their owners hand or bring them to their knees is kinda ridiculous too.

Atleast Jack Russell’s are tough. I’ve seen one pull a rock chuck out of a pile of RR ties by its ass and kill it. They were the same size.

Have people lost common sense?

The op question seems to assume or imply people had it at some point in time to begin with? There's much evidence to argue against that was ever the case.

One of millions of reasons not to have dogs. They’re just a headache overall. Even when you don’t have dogs you still have to listen to the damn neighbors mutt bark every freaking time you go in your own backyard! Damn I hate dogs. . . I like mule deer mounts and bear rugs though😆
I'd rather listen to a dog bark all night than have to talk to a neighbor for 30 seconds. Easy fix ...good dogs n no neighbors.

Flip side to that story is that last week I stopped in St Maries, ID to wet a line on the way home fro work. I was the only rig in the lot and took my tackle box and rod out to the end of the dock. A couple of casts in, a guy in a work truck pulls and let's out two yellow labs. the dogs run right out the dock past me and jumped in on top of the cast I was pulling in. I say "WTF, dude?" and the whole thing goes sideways.

No punches thrown or shots fired. But , seriously, WTF?

To answer the question in the title, I’m just not sure if people have lost it or if the lack of common sense is just becoming more apparent due to modern conditions.

What little they did have has been replaced with pure stupidity. The Common sense is now,Moron. Bet there is an app for it too.............

Flip side to that story is that last week I stopped in St Maries, ID to wet a line on the way home fro work. I was the only rig in the lot and took my tackle box and rod out to the end of the dock. A couple of casts in, a guy in a work truck pulls and let's out two yellow labs. the dogs run right out the dock past me and jumped in on top of the cast I was pulling in. I say "WTF, dude?" and the whole thing goes sideways.

No punches thrown or shots fired. But , seriously, WTF?
Another case of a dumba_ _!

Not so much a lack of common sense as a lack of common courtesy.
To the OP. Seems like you made a mountain out of a mole hill. You’re at a public ramp. Seems as if the other guy and his dog were friendly but clueless. Nothing to get spun up about IMO.

We travel a lot with our little dog. The dog does not bark, does not sniff other people, and frankly, does not have any interest in other dogs. When I am out walking her on a lead... and it doesn't matter where I am, be it a truck stop, a hotel, a rest stop, etc. people with their dogs seem to think my dog, or I want to associate! They always bring their dog over to sniff. Pizzes me off. I don't want to "visit" and my dog doesn't want your dog's nose up it's butt! On a leash or not, it only takes a split second for animals to become aggressive. If I don't invite you to walk the 120 yards and come over and "visit", then I or my dog MAY not wish to have the company of a stranger!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back