Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Has Cabelas gone down hill?

Sportsmens Warehouse is the only store with anyone in the know around us. Great archery selection. Firearms knowledge is great. Only complaint is the fishing section could use more options. Cabelas? Was great......

Yep quality is decreasing on a year over year basis. They have eliminated lifetime warranties on cabelas branded equipment and their selection has shifted to outdoorsy from outdoorsmen. We are really lacking options in the lower midwest. BPS has it almost locked up with the exception of Academy. Ill still buy some things from BPS or Cabelas but not clothing or footwear. Most everything like that is purchased online.

25 years ago I'd go through the catalog front and back writing out my wish list if I had the money. Now that I have the money, I don't want any of the things they sell. I do use their credit card and have enough points to put a big dent in a new pair of Swaro's.

I dont think our local Cableas ever had the right inventory for my area of Idaho. They always had tons of crap that I assume people use in the midwest? Always baffled me there fishing department rarely had stuff for local lakes, Flies are ok since those can be pretty generic for most rivers. Hunting season they always had tons of stuff(especially for turkeys) but never anything I actually needed or used locally or if they did have it it was sold out . If its gotten worse I am definitely not going back. Except to look at the mounts! I love to look at the mounts but have almost never purchased anything from the store except last week I happened to be there to waste a few minutes on my way to an appointment and look at the mounts. They brought out the ammo cart! Nothing for ammo that I was really needing but I bought some just to do my part and be in the hoarding club ha ha

I dont think our local Cableas ever had the right inventory for my area of Idaho. They always had tons of crap that I assume people use in the midwest? Always baffled me there fishing department rarely had stuff for local lakes, Flies are ok since those can be pretty generic for most rivers. Hunting season they always had tons of stuff(especially for turkeys) but never anything I actually needed or used locally or if they did have it it was sold out . If its gotten worse I am definitely not going back. Except to look at the mounts! I love to look at the mounts but have almost never purchased anything from the store except last week I happened to be there to waste a few minutes on my way to an appointment and look at the mounts. They brought out the ammo cart! Nothing for ammo that I was really needing but I bought some just to do my part and be in the hoarding club ha ha
The mounts aren’t even that great anymore. They don’t bother to dust them or keep them looking nice. One that stands out to me the most at our local store is a pair of whitetails that look almost like albinos since they’ve been sitting in the sun so long. Hair has fallen out and is all over the habitat. Dust and cobwebs all over the other mounts.

Let's just hope Scheel's doesn't sell out a few years down the road. I've been in the store in Reno once and it was quite nice to see the selection they had of hunting stuff that wasn't 99% Redhead brand.
That is probably the biggest issue they have stopped honoring the lifetime warranty on Cableas brand goods and started pushing thr remains stuff off the shelves for Redhead.

Anyone shop at Roger's? I ordered something from them not long ago and got it quickly. They appear to be a family owned business.

25 years ago I'd go through the catalog front and back writing out my wish list if I had the money. Now that I have the money, I don't want any of the things they sell. I do use their credit card and have enough points to put a big dent in a new pair of Swaro's.
I offed my Cabela's credit card and got one from Scheel's. Much better.

I found that they had .308 ammo in stock, so I ordered 3 boxes. Not fancy stuff, just enough to make sure that anyone hunting with this gun can shoot a couple of shots at the range to feel like they are comfortable with the gun/scope. Paid for the order, and then got the email about an hour later that they thanked me for the order, and to let me know that they were processing and preparing for shipping.........

Next morning the cancellation email from Cabelas is sitting there. In store, in store pick up and ship to address all "out of stock" status.

If you don't have it in stock, don't show is as available on your website. It is 2021 and supply inventory should be able to be reflected immediately on your website to prevent these things happening over and over.......(third time in the last year for this scenario to play out at my expense)

I found that they had .308 ammo in stock, so I ordered 3 boxes. Not fancy stuff, just enough to make sure that anyone hunting with this gun can shoot a couple of shots at the range to feel like they are comfortable with the gun/scope. Paid for the order, and then got the email about an hour later that they thanked me for the order, and to let me know that they were processing and preparing for shipping.........

Next morning the cancellation email from Cabelas is sitting there. In store, in store pick up and ship to address all "out of stock" status.

If you don't have it in stock, don't show is as available on your website. It is 2021 and supply inventory should be able to be reflected immediately on your website to prevent these things happening over and over.......(third time in the last year for this scenario to play out at my expense)
I have had this happen 2 or 3 times in the past. I dont even bother looking on their website any more.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back