Happy Star Wars Day

As someone who has never watched a Star Wars movie, this is completely lost on me. :eek:

Blasphemey.

Agreed! Saw the preview of the new Star Wars last night before the Avengers movie. It looks like it could be a good one. I hope I'm not disappointed like I was with Episode I.

The urge to grab my Trilogy, a bag of popcorn and a plane ticket to Bozeman strong.

How you answer this question directly relates to your placement on the nerd scale:

Original, theatrical releases or the "modified" ones?

As someone who has never watched a Star Wars movie, this is completely lost on me. :eek:
Your parents didn't let you play with the action figures?

Attachments

• sw-owen-beru-charred-remains-1.jpg
    sw-owen-beru-charred-remains-1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 324
That's pretty funny!
There is a whole generation of kid's who are now young adults that have never seen any of the Star wars movies.They have no idea what they missed and no desire to see them.

The urge to grab my Trilogy, a bag of popcorn and a plane ticket to Bozeman strong.

The original trilogy exists on VHS in the Newberg household. It is the version back before Lucas got his hands on computer animation for his "special edition."

Hey, cut me some slack here. We didn't have a TV until I was six years old. Then, it was of the black and white variety, allowing only one signal and that was from Winnipeg (for those who are geographically challenged, that is in Manitoba Canada). As a result of CBC being our only network, I got to watch very few shows, with Hockey Night In Canada and All-Star Wrestling being the two my Dad made us sit down and watch every Saturday evening.

That was never enough to build an interest in TV, movies, or some sort of new galactic battle drama based fictional robots and some candyassed Hollywood pretty boy running around in tights and threatening people with a light saber. Where I grew up, if you ran around in tights you were going to get beat up every day at recess. And if you waved a light saber as a weapon, some kid would have busted off a tree limb and cracked you along side the head. Neither of these seemed like good outcomes, so I have yet to find any interest in the Star Wars idea, even if the entire Triology is collecting dust in some closet at my house. Sounds like good E-bay or garbage sale material.

Camera guys are notorious movie junkies. When they start talking about stuff like Start Wars or other supposed modern classics, I completely blank out. They will say something like, "Do you best Austin Powers imitation" to which I say, "Who?" They are in disbelief of my limited cultural refinement, for which I am completely content to keep them befuddled as to my disinterest in anything Hollywood produces.

Sorry, I just can't get there.

Hey, cut me some slack here. We didn't have a TV until I was six years old. Then, it was of the black and white variety, allowing only one signal and that was from Winnipeg (for those who are geographically challenged, that is in Manitoba Canada). As a result of CBC being our only network, I got to watch very few shows, with Hockey Night In Canada and All-Star Wrestling being the two my Dad made us sit down and watch every Saturday evening.

That was never enough to build an interest in TV, movies, or some sort of new galactic battle drama based fictional robots and some candyassed Hollywood pretty boy running around in tights and threatening people with a light saber. Where I grew up, if you ran around in tights you were going to get beat up every day at recess. And if you waved a light saber as a weapon, some kid would have busted off a tree limb and cracked you along side the head. Neither of these seemed like good outcomes, so I have yet to find any interest in the Star Wars idea, even if the entire Triology is collecting dust in some closet at my house. Sounds like good E-bay or garbage sale material.

Camera guys are notorious movie junkies. When they start talking about stuff like Start Wars or other supposed modern classics, I completely blank out. They will say something like, "Do you best Austin Powers imitation" to which I say, "Who?" They are in disbelief of my limited cultural refinement, for which I am completely content to keep them befuddled as to my disinterest in anything Hollywood produces.

Sorry, I just can't get there.
PC Load letter?

Give us your best Patty Loveless impersonation. :)

They will say something like, "Do you best Austin Powers imitation" to which I say, "Who?" They are in disbelief of my limited cultural refinement.

I'm not sure Austin Powers has ever been synonymous with "cultural refinement." I mean it is pretty much just toilet humor, and sometimes it is literally toilet humor.

Back