Yeti GOBOX Collection

Guess the score

Score

203 2/8" after 60 ....205 6/8" on the hoof....I would give up my Roosevelt elk I got this year for that!!

The buck on page 9 of the nov/dec issue of muley crazy has a very similar amount of antler growth on its head compared to this buck. The mag buck splits very deep at the back end, deeper then this buck but on the flip side it has way shorter 4th's, they are similar widths/spans and similar beams and the mag buck doesn't have eye guards, it also has an extra 3.5 in point,like this buck and mass is the same. Mag buck scores 189 and it doesn't say whether it was stripped or scored in velvet. Anyways the eye guards on the live buck would cover that.

I think this live buck has to give 190 a real scare.

I look at the rack overall, for symmetry and any possible deductions. my dad is awesome at field judging deer and elk, so growing up we got alot of practice. another good way to practice is looking through hunting magazines, guess the score, then see what the actual score was. I would guess this buck at 170-180, but he isn't real heavy mass-wise, so that hurts it a litte. reguardless of what it scores, he's a helluva buck.

it's a big buck...... if I would have too guess he's gonna be close too 190"... But just too look at the deer I would shoot before I scored it..... :D just like I did this year with my deer,
Matt

Nice pics!
I wouldn't hesitate to take that buck either :)

I would guess 170 class based on weak fronts and narrowness. A lot of guys with more experience than I are saying 180 class though.

What does it typically take to make up for weak fronts on a Buck?

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back