Guess Hank's gauge.

It's trying to rain in southern Nevada right now but mostly doing a messy job. A few sprinkles with high winds.

Wettest start to a monsoon I have seen, over 2" here. If it keeps up and holds to forecasts I will get the most ever total in 13 years. 6" last year.

Talked to my haircutters husband and she is hanging in there. Starting chemo soon.
We decided he would be swamped this fall and so their son will use the MB tag. He will be done with the fire season by then. I have not seen him since HS graduation....years.
All tags set to be utilized.

.01" here with 2.50" just north of me in the Zuni. Puddles and dust on the road to PT.
But the monsoon is here, big time, for a while. 40-90% chance thru the 4th and beyond.

The Black fire has stalled out and now 78% contained. The same with Hermits/Calf fire.
Now flash floods are the problem.
At least the lumber that twisted straightened out, some ,LOL.
My truck was shiny yesterday. It will be a mud ball in a week. Good thing I wear goretex Lowas. My waterfowl parka is handy now.
I love NM. It's odd, like me.

Wonderful news Hank. Too bad the forest service started that big fire. Things would have looked much better without that fire, now that you’re getting this rain.

Wonderful news Hank. Too bad the forest service started that big fire. Things would have looked much better without that fire, now that you’re getting this rain.
Yeah and the north part of NM expected to get up to 5 plus inches this week. Lightning strikes around the Black fire are being watched. Several started yesterday and are on wet ground. Good.

Monsoon meter @ 8 today. My people meter is @ maybe 3. LOL
Flooded in Roswell yesterday.
Rio had to be reminded bones go outside.
89% humidity and 55 degrees this morning.

Flooded in Roswell yesterday.
We got over 2" of rain and a lot of it fell very quickly. Our street was a river with water halfway up our front yard. The people up the street are missing a few railroad ties from their yard after they got washed a few blocks down the street by me. Even after the downpour, we had a nice soaking rain that went on for a few hours.

Now I'm seeing reports of more than 3" of rain, with a few homes being flooded.

Last edited:
So I got .66" in a good soaker yesterday. My road was somewhat muddy and I used 4x4 to get out and into town where I had cell service to make an appointment with a PT. I passed a local guy who was hauling in blocks and concrete to the new neighbors place.
Green everywhere on the drive. Gold grass sprouting new growth, wildflowers and weeds.
Got my appointment set for next week and a pizza for dinner. Mail.
What the hell, go see what pie might be available. Mangas plains turning green.
The Pie-o-neer is busy, noon. Friends and furners eating ,yacking and laughing. Get my order in for a chicken pot pie to go. Slim pickens on the pies and a line.
Talk to a few neighbors and catch up. Buy my neighbors lunch,he just retired from the local Firechief job.
Pies come out of the ovens and the crowd oohs and aahs. Smiles.
Sarah comes out with a bag and says, "It's hot watch out and keep it flat." I can feel a whole pie pan in there.
Say goodbye to Sam & River and hello to Shannon on her way in. Sam's wife,in her EMS uniform . Hugs and off into the truck.
Rio is all nose now, all the way home.
At the end of my road is the contractor transferring materials onto 4x4's and they are going in next door. The road was pretty torn up but packing.
Rio and I open the bag in the kitchen and their is the most perfect chicken pot pie I have seen in years. 8" and there is a slice of peanutbutter pie too. Oh boy.
As we eat this perfect pot pie there is thunder and off and on light rain. I fall asleep listening to trucks back and forth past my place trying to beat the heavy rains sure to come. Rio and I laid our flat,stuffed.

I just went out with Rio and it's getting darker and louder. The last truck and the tractor head out and I watch them head down the valley. CRACK! and a rumble. Rio heads for the door and we get in as it opens up.
The news is the records being broken across the state for rains so early. 2 1/2 " in ALB. 4.5" in SF and on.
It is pouring now. Those guys got lucky.
Rio got the last of the pot pie and is asleep on the floor. I'm thinking peanutbutter pie with Tillamook chocolate and peanut butter ice cream for a snack. Decadent?

My people meter is @ 6. The downpour just ended. My leg & butt feel fine now. Peanut butter pie is one of my new favorites.
Life is good in Pie Town, NM.

So I made a run for the border, AZ. Trip to the store,4th weekend. Play dodge storm and get home. Plan.
Stop and order a tank of propane & pay. Hope they can get in when they show.
Get some cash out of teller. Go to fill up truck.
I feel lighter already.
Head west and I run into a stranger. Traffic. Who are these people and what are they doing here? Oh, and a repave project on way. Black sky over the White Mtns. Still dry by the border.
Get to supermarket and the lot is packed. Place is empty usually. Damn who are these people?
Have not been in a market this crowded in years. Dodge cart is the game and get in and out . Grab 2 maple bars and slip in for the avos and garlic. Slide through the cheese selections , to the aluminum pans, coffee.
Where do these women live I ask myself in the checkout line? Load the cooler and the cab with big drops falling.
Rio is staring at the dog in the truck next to us ,silent. Odd, he always barks at strangers. I drop the cart in the slot and get in the cab. Get a jerky out for Rio and there is a knock on my window...that blonde in line.
I lower the window and she says, "I saw you left your garlic & doughnuts in your cart and knew they were important", in a British accent. 60's ,looks a good 50. I thank her and wonder if she caught me in the store, staring. LOL WOW.
Good downpour as I leave AZ. Traffic and the flagman don't deter me. Stop for a Rio break and head to the Pie-O-neer. Pie. A 4th must.
Place is hopping and it's only noon. Who are these people? Standing in line eyeballing the selection. Sarah comes out with a order for a table and gives me a howdy hug.
While I get my order in with Linda, a slice of very,very berry crumb, Blueberry Lemon custard, and a 6" Lemon merainge, I hear a British accent say "I called in a pie order, from Heber." The blonde.
I get my pies and drop a $20 in the tip jar. Sarah comes over and opens the door for me and says, "Now that is a woman who deserves a good man" . I almost trip on my lower lip going out and she says, "I just happen to know a good one. I'll put in a good word".

All smiles thinking about it now. Thunder cracking and getting dark. Raining good now. Pie choices and good neighbors.
Life is good in Pie Town.

So I made a run for the border, AZ. Trip to the store,4th weekend. Play dodge storm and get home. Plan.
Stop and order a tank of propane & pay. Hope they can get in when they show.
Get some cash out of teller. Go to fill up truck.
I feel lighter already.
Head west and I run into a stranger. Traffic. Who are these people and what are they doing here? Oh, and a repave project on way. Black sky over the White Mtns. Still dry by the border.
Get to supermarket and the lot is packed. Place is empty usually. Damn who are these people?
Have not been in a market this crowded in years. Dodge cart is the game and get in and out . Grab 2 maple bars and slip in for the avos and garlic. Slide through the cheese selections , to the aluminum pans, coffee.
Where do these women live I ask myself in the checkout line? Load the cooler and the cab with big drops falling.
Rio is staring at the dog in the truck next to us ,silent. Odd, he always barks at strangers. I drop the cart in the slot and get in the cab. Get a jerky out for Rio and there is a knock on my window...that blonde in line.
I lower the window and she says, "I saw you left your garlic & doughnuts in your cart and knew they were important", in a British accent. 60's ,looks a good 50. I thank her and wonder if she caught me in the store, staring. LOL WOW.
Good downpour as I leave AZ. Traffic and the flagman don't deter me. Stop for a Rio break and head to the Pie-O-neer. Pie. A 4th must.
Place is hopping and it's only noon. Who are these people? Standing in line eyeballing the selection. Sarah comes out with a order for a table and gives me a howdy hug.
While I get my order in with Linda, a slice of very,very berry crumb, Blueberry Lemon custard, and a 6" Lemon merainge, I hear a British accent say "I called in a pie order, from Heber." The blonde.
I get my pies and drop a $20 in the tip jar. Sarah comes over and opens the door for me and says, "Now that is a woman who deserves a good man" . I almost trip on my lower lip going out and she says, "I just happen to know a good one. I'll put in a good word".

All smiles thinking about it now. Thunder cracking and getting dark. Raining good now. Pie choices and good neighbors.
Life is good in Pie Town.
@hank4elk ”where all these women live?”
Hot blonde “you left your garlic and doughnuts”
@hank4elk ”thanks”
Hot blonde “😬😬😬😬😬😬

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back