Guess Hank's gauge.

Slept like rock for the 1st time in a month. Sore ass, Hank.
No pain meds since yesterday morning and so far so good. Early yet ,don't throw a wrench in.
A good day to watch thunderstorms, from inside.

Got the name of a orthopedic doc in Alb. if needed. The nurse said she would get me the names of some NM good primary care docs since I have none that I trust here. Doc agreed I need one.

$18 in med costs, $80 for the gas.

Rio was out just now and let out a bark. I let him in and there are momas & calves talking out there. Hopefully they can enjoy it here, long after we're gone.

Rains are doing OK here. Only maybe half an inch here over the weekend ,but cool & cloudy, humid. A bunch all around . A mile away the road was a mud pit and it was dry ay my place.

Dealing with sciatica pain and NM health is going to be a challenge. In pain almost constantly and little sleep. Going to try and get in to see my supposed primary Doc at the local clinic
. I have to get a MRI and a real doc to check it out, that takes medicare in NM....LOL
Been online searching since 0330. Took the cortizone & 2 muscle relaxers just to sit, since I can't sleep for more than an hour on a bed.

Feeling like the princess and the pea.
My ass can feel the fold on my pillow with out pants on.
And I was never a princess or a pea. Just grumpy now.

Sorry you're going through this Hank. You obviously know something else (and potentially serious) is going on.

I wish I could help. Would sending good thoughts help? No, but I'm sending them anyway.

Jumping through the hoops. Went and got a early appointment tomorrow. Just to cover my bases with medicare. Going to Pie Town for food and insight from those locals, in the EMS here. Maybe I can sleep most of the afternoon.

My ex called the other day to check in and I had to be reminded she fell & broke her arm,and wacked her siatica the year after I left. It took 9 months for hers to go away, with primo healthcare. She told me I needed to just rest for 3 solid days to start.

Sorry you're going through this Hank. You obviously know something else (and potentially serious) is going on.

I wish I could help. Would sending good thoughts help? No, but I'm sending them anyway.

Rest could ease inflammation Hank but you most likely have foraminal stenosis (nerve path narrowing) and L4-5 damage impinging soft tissue and nerves. I finally hit the pain wall and the sawbones fixed it 8-9 years ago.

Maybe not, but sure sounds familiar my friend.

Rest could ease inflammation Hank but you most likely have foraminal stenosis (nerve path narrowing) and L4-5 damage impinging soft tissue and nerves. I finally hit the pain wall and the sawbones fixed it 8-9 years ago.

Maybe not, but sure sounds familiar my friend.
Well my 6th & 7th neck verts are gone and that has hit the whole left side before and have that somewhat under control. I hope those near my hip are not gone now too. I am hoping for a bulging disc that can at least be set, sort of.
I need a looksee for myself too.

Sarah made me and Rio a monster BLT W/Ham. Having blackberry pie & ice cream for dinner. Rio is out like a light and the thunderheads are building.

Well my 6th & 7th neck verts are gone and that has hit the whole left side before and have that somewhat under control. I hope those near my hip are not gone now too. I am hoping for a bulging disc that can at least be set, sort of.
I need a looksee for myself too.

Sarah made me and Rio a monster BLT W/Ham. Having blackberry pie & ice cream for dinner. Rio is out like a light and the thunderheads are building.
Burp.... :) ...hoping you get a good diagnosis.

Another 3rd of an inch of good soaking in rains around here. Now it's like that year I moved here. Green.
Lots of elk around now.

So instead of waiting for an opening for MRI, I went into the ER @ Presb. NM and got one.

Wed. 0200 I woke sore after several hours of sleep. Rain stopped & I put the heat pad on and a pot of joe.
Fill a thermos and head to Alb. in the rain,dodge elk half the way. Get there 0630 and was in a room waiting for an opening by 0700, MRI @ 1030,results @1100 and out the door by noon. Painful. Insightful.
Fully staffed and humming. Night and day from my trip here 7 years ago in a chopper with a HA.
Security everywhere. Place was ship shape. Staff excellent,even the Doc who worked with me.
No bulging discs, herniated, or other wise.
But might have clue to the pain issues and I am all dialed in with referals and even setting up a nearby GP for a primary care guy.
Our Doctor retired. The only one in 7500 sqmi.

Just got back from picking up my script and ate a big slice of blackberry pie & Tillamook French vanilla. 1 qt bowl style. Ate a pill and relaxing somewhat for the 1st time in a while.

Thunderheads booming now and good time for a siesta.

Hoping the pie does your body good. There is a lot of medicinal benefits to imbibing at the local Pie Town establishments.

Sorry to hear you are going through this, Hank. I won't get down your way this year. Keep us updated.

Aren't we do an update on the blonde?
Well, I was side tracked by my new NP at the local clinic,50's,no ring, redhead with looks & smarts.
Besides that part of my life was very active and so damn easy, for so long. There were choices. Don't cry for me Argentina!

Hunting and living in a place like this, well that was randomly selected at best and limited.
Now it is everyday life.
Tough having to sit out how a large group of newbie calves gets through fences on both sides of the road with out a momma to be seen. And make it...

Update, timeontarget ,Chris has decided to take good advice and spend as much time getting ready for his dad's hunt and not take the time & $ away from home. He is now out on the bow hunt.

Going for new mattress next week too...LOL.

Hoping the pie does your body good. There is a lot of medicinal benefits to imbibing at the local Pie Town establishments.

Sorry to hear you are going through this, Hank. I won't get down your way this year. Keep us updated.
Thanks BF. Those berries do wonders.
Sorry to hear your not going to be around this year. It is building into the best habitat conditions I have ever seen in NM, for hunting.
You take care of yourself too my friend.

Slept 6 hrs straight through for the 1st time in weeks. Got up to let Rio out and my hip is just sore. `
Good light show going on and raining.

Looks like most everyone knows they can find all their currant Med info on an APP...LOL!!
My niece, a nurse, just texted me to ask for help navigating my way in if needed.
No wonder the Doc almost laughed when I did not know the results ,before he did.

Almost pain free in Pie Town. Contemplating 5 strand fences along a county road that need,modifying...for the babies.

Power went out at 1600 and was off for 3 hrs. It got real electric over the White Mtns. all night.
No rain here yesterday but thankfully we got good cloud cover later in the afternoon. 93 @ 7500' is toasty in the sun. Slept most of the day. Pretty much pain free without pills,just don't stay in one place too long.

Eating my Blackberry/Raspberry pie & ice cream for dinner last night I realized Pie Town is 100 this year.
1st Europeans came through in 1503 & it wasn't settled until 1922.
Not much has changed here compared to the rest of the west.

You can still get the OG apple pie and old & new twists at the Pie-o-neer. 2 other new/old places reopened this week.
There is construction on the new guys place at the end of my road this week. I guess I'll meet them someday. Tommy next door moved into a new place too this week, closer to the hwy.

I'm going to call in my order for more Berry pie and a Sunday meal plate. Take some pictures and get home.
This year we will have a Pie Festival again. None the last 2 years. The 75th? I believe it's Sept. 10th,but will check the new banner at the park to make sure.

We are on the edge of the monsoons for the next 2 days. On the border with AZ. Still a chance. More heavy stuff coming back at the midweek.IMG_0130.JPG
Noon yesterday, 91.

IMG_0134.JPGIMG_0147.JPGIMG_0145.JPGIMG_0154.JPGIMG_0159.JPG
I called in and Sarah said she would have a Sunday brunch plate to go and there were some pies. Pie Town road trip.
Rio and I went down to the big tank in the middle to take some pics and get some run time in after dogs for Rio.
Impressive growth for one week at my place. One area is an acre of sunflowers. I just walked to the tank so I would not over do the stretch. Rio took as long a bath as I've ever seen. Tank is to his shoulder in depth now. The 1st & 3rd pics are the bottom lands from the dam with thunderheads brewing. Foot deep grass there.
4th is the Sawtooth's from the Pie Town road and the last is an original Pie Town homestead cabin 6 mi from town,100 years old.
89 in Pie town and the Festival is on the 10th of Sept. this year. Pie-o-neer had a small crowd, 10 or so vehicles. Folks on the porch say howdy.
Sarah called out I was on now.
I gazed at the selection and Sarah said a strawberry rhubarb with Elliot ranch rhubarb was cooling, I called dibs on a slice and ordered another of blueberry/peach. Dinner is chicken picata, and a meatball & sauce,pasta, a green salad ,zuchini, homemade garlic bread, and cherry tart...OMG!
The eyeballs of 4 kids is on the pies as Starr slices there orders. The smiles as I head out the door with noggins bobbing when I as is it worth it. Kids and pies. Dad with 2 types and mom has a lemon merangue. All bob yes in unison.

Rio and I are stuffed. He is on my bed, out like a light. I'm on my mom's rocker and my leg & butt are doing ok right now. Most comfortable chair I have. New mattress on Wed.
No rain today so far today, but it's right there. More for sure now after Tuesday.
Fire danger is still extremely high and lighting fires are being put out across the state still.
But this evening it will cool after sunset. I have pie and ice cream.
Life is good this evening in PT!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back