Changing Perspective - Son's First Experience Antelope Hunting

I love everything about this hunt! The age class, score, and size mean nothing to the little ones. Grea job and excellent decision to shoot!

I love everything about this hunt! The age class, score, and size mean nothing to the little ones. Grea job and excellent decision to shoot!
This! My son still talks about the dinky whitetail I shot while he was with me when he was 6. Great story and writing! He'll be talking about that for a LONG time!

That's great. My son started going with me just short of his third birthday. He never stopped and now he's 18 and a fine outdoorsman. For the OP, what is the minimum age to hunt in your state?

Glad I finally read this. Made my day better. My last started college today. Your post brought back memories and I must say a tear or two.

Congrats.
HD

Outstanding!!
Thanks for sharing and congrats to both - what a huge memory for both of you!

Excellent job dad! I suspect you two will make many more memories like this. Your son will never forget these times with dad! Suggestion - make sure you print pictures out and purchase a special photo album that will be his. When you two do something outdoors like this, hunting, fishing, biking, put these pictures in this album. I like to write the date and location on at least a couple pics in a set. Now when your son turns the age where he can hunt, take lots of pics again on his first adventure. When Christmas comes one of his presents would be this awesome outdoor photo album that we will cherish forever and will continue to add to it and additional albums down the road. I did this for my son and I was surprised at how tickled his was to get it.

Congratulations.

Great story and post! Took my 7 year old boys out last fall antelope hunting with me and didnt regret it for a minute. Tons of family fun!

Geez how have I not read this until now. What a great thing to read on this morning morning!

Thank you for sharing - you may go on to shoot the next ten world record goats but this one will always be your favorite. Tell your little hunting partner he has a lot of fans on here.

Way to go, Dad!

I'm really excited to take my two little ones (4 and 6) on their first antelope hunt in just a few weeks :)

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back