Yeti GOBOX Collection

Guess Hank's gauge.

Why you're so good if you weren't you, you'd wish you were! Your pie stories are killing me, and I rarely eat it!

We had a small storm this morning that dropped about. 20" of nice rain. Since then, the temperature is near 111. Muggy as hell. I've spent much of the day in the pool after this morning's workout.

Envious of your rain. It’s dry enough here in Missouri where I’m at I can’t water my garden, the well won’t keep up. Keeps up with the house just fine but if I water for 20 mins it runs out. Talked to my well guy and he said they are having same problem on most of the pumps they are changing out. Usually flush them for 30 minutes but at 20 they run out of water for a bit. Need some food rains.

Sad news in NM today. A BCSO chopper with 4 crew crashed on way to a lightning fire on Sat. evening. No survivors.

Not out of the fire season yet. I might get a shower later but at least it won't hit 100 here. AC on high.

I am lucky to have 2 good wells and the big tank is fed from the old windmill well with a solar system now.
Both wells have good yields and I have only run the house well down a few times. Both wells still near where they were when drilled in depth.
I am concerned with the new places going in within 10 mi of me. Some of the poorer wells have dried up on neighbors places. The Swaezea Ranch pumped a couple million gallons of water to truck to the wind farm that went in 30 mi away. They hauled water from all over and trucked it in for the construction.

IMG_0148.JPGIMG_0161.JPGIMG_0163.JPGIMG_0166.JPG
Bye Bye Miss American Pie.
Ate a quarter of that strawberry/rhubarb beauty for dinner. Part of my homestead cures for what ails you. That and forcing myself to rest.

It hit 98 here @ 1600 and thunderstorm kept knocking the power out, the storm was right overhead with the blazing sun hitting here. Finally it let loose for an hour. Downbursts, sidebursts, lightning, hail, rain.
Temps dropped 20 degrees in 10 min. Got a third of an inch .
It was a scorcher even by NM standards across the state, luckily we gave away Tejas 200 years ago. One more day they say of this 100+ then the rains return more broadly, they say...
Lucky for us we will be where they build and maybe it will rain today again. Clouds building already.
Not so sore ass Hank.

View attachment 230485View attachment 230486View attachment 230487View attachment 230488
Bye Bye Miss American Pie.
Ate a quarter of that strawberry/rhubarb beauty for dinner. Part of my homestead cures for what ails you. That and forcing myself to rest.

It hit 98 here @ 1600 and thunderstorm kept knocking the power out, the storm was right overhead with the blazing sun hitting here. Finally it let loose for an hour. Downbursts, sidebursts, lightning, hail, rain.
Temps dropped 20 degrees in 10 min. Got a third of an inch .
It was a scorcher even by NM standards across the state, luckily we gave away Tejas 200 years ago. One more day they say of this 100+ then the rains return more broadly, they say...
Lucky for us we will be where they build and maybe it will rain today again. Clouds building already.
Not so sore ass Hank.
Strawberry Rhubarb pie is a favorite around here, so my wife harvested from the garden and baked herself two pies for her birthday campfire celebration. They are delicious!Strawberry Rhubarb birthday pies.JPG

The rains missed me yesterday and poured all around us. The lightning didn't. Knocked down a dead pinion by the gate.
Something popped in my left hip this morning. No pain right now and I can walk a bit. Sore. Better.
Checked my mail and went around the mesa and came in from the north. Green everywhere, dry lakes with water.

Good crusts make good filling better! Great crusts are legendary.

So it has been in the high 90's here, very hot. Thunderstorms every sunset for 3 days with light rains. Recycled monsoon moisture they say.
The high is supposed to move Sunday finally and next week should be back to heavier rains. Been over a hundred across half NM.
Still very green. 2 months of growing season to go. The old dead grass and weeds from last year are almost overgrown by new green growth.

My sciatica is way better,I can walk, and I scored a CO peach pie from Sarah. She ran into interweb problems and a food delivery did not arrive today. Life in Pie Town.

Good thing I put the extra AC in the kitchen window this morning. Nice and cool in here. Rio approves.

So it has been in the high 90's here, very hot. Thunderstorms every sunset for 3 days with light rains. Recycled monsoon moisture they say.
The high is supposed to move Sunday finally and next week should be back to heavier rains. Been over a hundred across half NM.
Still very green. 2 months of growing season to go. The old dead grass and weeds from last year are almost overgrown by new green growth.

My sciatica is way better,I can walk, and I scored a CO peach pie from Sarah. She ran into interweb problems and a food delivery did not arrive today. Life in Pie Town.

Good thing I put the extra AC in the kitchen window this morning. Nice and cool in here. Rio approves.
Refrigerated or evap?

Well, I fell asleep after eating the last of the SR pie with Rio , PT lunch...LOL
Nice early downpour hit and it is 76 now.
70% chance of rain now for tomorrow. The high moved...

Flash flood watches up on the burn scar areas. 2 missing this afternoon when their truck washed off a road in Mora county.

Good news from my neighbor, Dennis. His grand daughter just passed Navy basic and is an E2. On her way to FL for further training and her 1st station will be Japan.
Semper Fortis, Carrie Ann!!!!
Uh oh, Scarrie Ann on deck. The girl is fearless.

IMG_0048 (1).JPGIMG_0126.JPGIMG_0179.JPGIMG_0166 (1).JPGIMG_0140.JPGIMG_0167 (1).JPGIMG_0169.JPGIMG_0176.JPGIMG_0172.JPGIMG_0184.JPGIMG_0181.JPG
Took a walk around the house. 6' high sunflower by the Honey Locust tree. NM locust grown from seed and has serious thorns, big Purple Robe Locust ,4 years from seedling. Aspen and apples trying to shade the place.
Rio loves munching on gramma grass. Indian Paintbrush and lots of sunflowers sprouted. Took a bunch of prickly pear thorns out of Rio's eyebrow yesterday, there are a handful on the ranch.

70% chance today and it ramps up along the AZ/NM border all week.

I have not followed this thread, but every time I see it come up I read it as Guess Hanks Age, and then I look closer and see gauge. I'm going to say 67 on the age. No clue on the guage.

Last edited:
Around 0300 it got real. NM monsoon real. Thunderbolts lighting the dark night night every few seconds. Wind blowing from the east(odd) and then a good downpour for 2 hours.

Poor Rio was beside himself. He dug the blankets off his bed and hit foam trying to bury himself.
I got up and sat on the couch with him next to me. Covered him with a blanket and he slept.
The radar showed a red line tracking across the Divide and exploding into AZ.
The rain stopped at sunrise and I went and laid down for a while.

Rio and I emptied the gauge and we got another .75" last night. I'm over 4 inches total so far. Almost as much as all last monsoon season. 2 months left to go this year.

77 now and the clouds are building again.
The switch has flipped. The high has moved towards TX and the moisture is flowing into NM and AZ.
70-90 % chance of rain for the week in west NM.
Streams will be flowing in the Gila and dry lakes filling with water.
Flash flood time. The burns are going to be a mess.

Good day for smoked carnitas nachos and peach pie. Good day to stay put.

After all the heat, we are allegedly gonna be in a flood warning tonight. Bring it on! Fixing washed out fences>fixing fences because cattle are hungry and pushing.

After all the heat, we are allegedly gonna be in a flood warning tonight. Bring it on! Fixing washed ou fences>fixing fences because cattle are hungry and pushing.

Flash Flood watch up again here through tomorrow.
So. AZ getting hammered early.
It is going to be bad on those north NM fire scars. 2 dead yesterday and one missing near Mora.

Fly season has started. Had to close up the house early and turn on the AC.
The western sky is all thunderheads now. Slow moving suckers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back