Growing up TOO FAST

Nemont

For some reason my oldest daughter grew up when I wasn't looking. She just got her full driver's license and the next thing I know she is almost grown. For some reason it seems like just yesterday she was a baby and sitting on my lap.

Here is how I prefer to think of my girl
AlaciaDeer4_0001.jpg

Then the mid winter semi formal dance rolls around and she has a DATE :BLEEP: :mad: :(

I forced her to take a pic with her little brother and the dog.
P2050425.jpg

I don't know how I am going to handle this dating thing. I met the young man at the door and he looked FRIGHTENED and I didn't do anything to reduce his stress;)

Anyway if you have young kids, spend time with them now because before you know it they are out doing their own things.

Nemont

Nemont, You are singing to the Choir! She sure looks Pretty. My son Travis is 16 and a Junior in High School, 6'1" arm like a lazer....it was just the other day we were out chasing rabbits with him toting my Daisy BB gun. Then his first buck, Duck and I have threatened him with his life if he keeps that Rhymn going! I really have to wonder what our family life is going to be like when he is out on his own, I mean we are talking about my Best Friend!!!!! John

Jeff...I feel your pain brother! I'm chaperoning tonight at my daughter's first 7th grade dance. Most of her male friends know me and, thankfully, since I coach at the school, at good number of them still have some of that same fear you've mentioned...which I thoroughly enjoy!

Scary thing is I've got to go through this three times..... :eek:

Tell your daughter she looks nice and to have a good (but not REAL good) time at the formal! ;)

Nemont,

Amen. Someone has punched the time accelation button. Luckily, I have 4 kiddos ages 10,8,4,1 all in good health. A 45 hour/week job that allows me all the needs and most of my wants. A good looking wife that I will always love, and even like (most of the time).

Big picture: life is good.

NeMont:

Great looking kids.

I feel the same as you do. My son is soon turning 17. The phone rings all the time with his friends (guys & gals) wanting to go do something. For all practical purposes, he is already "out of the house," as we see him a little each evening and some on the weekends, but most of his time is school, school activities, and pals.

Trying to figure out what the hunting days will be like when he is off doing his own thing. He knows I am fretting about this and promised we will hunt and fish every weekend this year, since it will be his last season before heading off to college.

He will probably break that promise as soon as some pretty young girl calls with a more interesting proposal.

I give all fathers permission to scare the hell out of him if he is dating their daughter. The more respect he has for their father, even if it is a result of fear, the more he will think twice before doing something stupid.

Such is one of the many problems of getting old.

You ain't just a kidding, I just sent the baby of the family off to boot camp in December and now he is in tech school picking up where his old man left off. I sure do miss my kids, enjoy them while you still can....

I remember taking my daughter to a buddies house to look at his deer he just got with a bow, like it was last week. In her 3 year old lisp she asked him " ok scott were'd ya poke it?" Just got home from her 11th birthday party. Where the hell did the last 8 years go???????:confused:

Nemont- Glad to hear the age old tradition of dad's scaring the bejeezus out of dates is still going! I'm way glad that your daughter has taken after her mom.... ;)

I feel your pain. My oldest daughter is away at college she will be 21 this year. I have been pretty lucky with raising the 4 kids so far, taught the girls to tell their boyfriends "my daddy owns guns and he knows how to use them" it has worked splendidly. the kids have been health with no disasters until last night when the youngest my 3 year old daughter found out that divingoff the bed is dangerous, none ofthe other kids have been in the ER until her twice in the last 3 months ( a burn on her hand from touching the fire place, and now a broken arm). I still remember the day the oldest was born and now she is asking if I'm going to buy her her first beer?

Wow It hits us all at once. My son turned 16 Saturday and my daughter (13) has her first dance this Friday. The boy is too busy to do things with dad and the girl to good.

Axl turned 7 on the 11th. Where has the time gone.;) :D Luckily I had him cut when he was three so I didn't have to worry about him knocking up some "bitch".;) :D

Axl turned 7 on the 11th. Where has the time gone.;) :D Luckily I had him cut when he was three so I didn't have to worry about him knocking up some "bitch".;) :D

mtmiller,

That makes Axl like 70 in people years, the grandfatherly wise one. :)

I wish it were so easy.:D My son turned 10 yesterday, Feb 12th, in just a short couple of years he will be looking at girls like I used to look at his mother:eek:

Nemont

I feel your pain...my daughter is about to turn 18..and I still remind her to tell her 'friends' every once in a while that her grandfather owns property, and a woodchipper...if I had any hair left, it would be grey...all her doing

You guys talking bout yer 13-18 year olds, my youngest is 31, they just delivered his first child a daughter.

My oldest son is 35 and he has a daughter, why can't they give me a grandson.

Whiskers, my dad was the only son of an only son, had 4 sons now all the sons have 1 son and the rest are granddaughters. I have 3 daughters and a son so does my older brothers, the youngest has one of each.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back