Got it done this weekend. 1st Whitetail buck with a bow.

dannyb278

Took my first buck with a bow this weekend, on the farm my family has owned since 1888. Couldn't be happier.

Next up, Wyoming public land Antelope on left over tags!

IMG_0681_zpscks2bday.jpg

Capture3_zps4zitsrtb.jpg

Last edited:
Great first buck!

My first buck 40 years ago was my best. I have seen bigger deer while hunting, but were always on private land. I sure did admire them!

Vey nice buck. What state is the family farm in?

Thank you, I am absolutely thrilled to get a buck with my bow, its my 3rd year trying to do so.

Our farm is located in southern Minnesota, near Mankato, in the Minnesota River Valley. The whole area is ag land mixed with river bottom woods. Makes for great hunting, but with the average farm parcel being 100 acres or less, with much of it in crops, it makes hunting pressure in the surrounding woods pretty high.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I'm so excited to have bagged a buck with my bow. I've been trying for 3 years to get one within 30 yards, and I just haven't been able to do so, heck I haven't even seen a buck with a bow in my hands. The day I shot this one, I had 4 bucks walk by in 10 minutes. It must have been a loosly knit bachelor group or something.

Also cool that my dad came out to help me drag it out and get it field dressed. I'm glad he was there for it.

Capture2_zpsjkvemvon.jpg

Last edited:
WTG, That's a solid buck. My mind seems to wonder when I drive thru that area about the possibility of all the big bucks along that river system.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back