MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Got blown today!

Maybe time to try something different.
Yeah, maybe try a 'yota?! Those things never blow up, unless you are almost to Fargo on a fall friday night! 😆
Screenshot_20240328_213938_Gallery.jpg

At least nobody was gonna drive it away. Connecting rods are supposed to be inside the engine right?? For anybody wondering, you can make it about a mile with no oil in a 4runner, and then another 50k before the engine grenades. Thankfully the dealership took responsibility for their screw up and I got a new/used engine. Whoops! Thank God for uhaul trailers and buddies with Duramaxes.

20231029_153853.jpg

We did college spring break diy shark fishing in canoes down there. Fun easy times. Even had some tarpon added on. Highly recommend to try sometime, easy logistics...
Basically all you need is a working truck, canoe and a heavy fishing pole. Sorry to hear about the truck.

At least it didn't happen with 200lbs of fish in the back.

We routinely travel 200-350miles with 2-300lbs on ice in a cooler, the meat is always just fine. Done both gutted/headed or filleted. If I can't get them in the freezer in about 3 days, Id package and freeze solid with dry ice. I wouldn't drive 5 days with fish on ice. I've seen salmon go south in 5 days. Also if its filleted, it will go bad faster. Ocean fish can go south even faster because most are not well cared for by the crew/deck hands.

I'd watch the deck hand when they are filleting them. Most are really shitty at keeping the meat clean, but are super fast at getting it off the bone. I've told the last one to stop and I'd deal with it when I got home. I didn't want nasty meat. It was awful, guts, bile, ink you name it all over the fillets. Those get fishy super fast even frozen. I've been on probably 30 ocean charters, and I can count on 2 fingers the crew that took care of the meat. The rest just slice and dice and toss it in a bag for you.

Not sure what you're fishing for, but if you can keep them in the round, on ice, you might make it 5 days, but its still pushing it IMO.

Hope you can still make it.

Attachments

• 1711676800489.jpeg
    1711676800489.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 13
Yup, the manufacturer pissing contest is so boring to hear anymore. It meant something years ago, now it’s just talk.
Lucky for us in the midwest if you find something to last you get about 7 years before the rust starts. My 2016 was clean as a whistle last summer bubbles are popping everywhere now. Pisses a guy right off.

Last edited:
Only an hour drive from Disney to get out to the Cape Canaveral area to fish for reds, snook, and sea trout. The red fishing sucks compared to what it once was but there's still fish to be had. I had a pretty decent half day trip with FineLine fishing charters, Capt Jim and I talked more about hunting than we did fishing.

Also some dinking around you can do around Orlando for bass, clown knifefish, bowfin, and the other random pond fish that live in Florida.

The trips my wife and I fly to we make it a point to only keep enough fish to eat on the trip and don't bring it home. If we drive we vacuum seal then freeze or freeze serving size bags filets in water.

Lucky for us in the midwest if you find something to last you get about 7 years before the rust starts. My was clean as a whistle last summer bubbles are popping everywhere now. Pisses a guy right off.
I've seen trucks that were only 2 years old bubbling. One was a real nice silverado ltz in pearl white. 7 years, yeah that sucks but isn't uncommon. 2 years for a $70k truck is not acceptable. It seems like build quality and reliability have went down the tubes for all the manufacturers.

I've seen trucks that were only 2 years old bubbling. One was a real nice silverado ltz in pearl white. 7 years, yeah that sucks but isn't uncommon. 2 years for a $70k truck is not acceptable. It seems like build quality and reliability have went down the tubes for all the manufacturers.
Tried Ford once that truck was a piece of shit! However the aluminum has me rolling around the idea in the future. They burned me pretty bad last time though.

Fun fact, during spring break any bill that has the word Florida in at least a tertiary relationship has a 200% mark up.

Monday April 8th that goes back to the normal just gouge price. Lol

You could be sitting on Saginaw bay right now w/ a 1 oz bucktail, freezing yer clams off while chasing monster walleyes.

But you went to Florida.

DANGGG! Glad you're all ok, but sucky deal for sure. My kids had an emmissions deal with their duramax and limped home from Canada at 55 mph. they all fail, eventually, bummer yours was so new and bad timing. Hope you can get out and look for some sheds and do some local fishn maybe.

You could be sitting on Saginaw bay right now w/ a 1 oz bucktail, freezing yer clams off while chasing monster walleyes.

But you went to Florida.
Nobody ever invites me walleye fishing anymore. I would think most of those big females are in the river spawning by now.

DANGGG! Glad you're all ok, but sucky deal for sure. My kids had an emmissions deal with their duramax and limped home from Canada at 55 mph. they all fail, eventually, bummer yours was so new and bad timing. Hope you can get out and look for some sheds and do some local fishn maybe.
I did a Quinn pro quo deal with the wife. I agreed to the replacement Disney package that the wife cooked up on top of the Disney cruise she already booked for 2025 a month ago. She agreed to let us bass fish the Disney lakes for an afternoon. She also agreed that on top of the AK Moose by 50 terms of our marriage there is additional guided elk hunt at my tag draw discretion.

So while I will have to drive truck till I’m 169 years old to pay for all this, I think I came out on top of the negotiations.

I did a Quinn pro quo deal with the wife. I agreed to the replacement Disney package that the wife cooked up on top of the Disney cruise she already booked for 2025 a month ago. She agreed to let us bass fish the Disney lakes for an afternoon. She also agreed that on top of the AK Moose by 50 terms of our marriage there is additional guided elk hunt at my tag draw discretion.

So while I will have to drive truck till I’m 169 years old to pay for all this, I think I came out on top of the negotiations.
Those Disney lakes are the real magical kingdom!

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back