AMK Sportsman

good gps

skimerhorn

I've been tossing around the idea of getting a gps so I can mark spots I want to hunt and remember how to get there, and also find my way back to the car. I don't need anything fancy, just something that works good and not complicated. What do you guys use?

pabearhunter

I have a Garmin 62s older unit but works great. The new 64s is the one I would get.

Gerald Martin

Get one that accepts OnX Maps chips so you can see land ownership. You will be amazed at how helpful it is. I use a Dakota 20 by Garmin. My only complaint is the screen is a bit small but the price was right.

If you just want to navigate from place to place without maps, you can pick up used e-trex models on ebay for a song and dance. Probably, don't even need to include the dance.

JohnCushman

I have an eTrex 20 and you can't beat the price or ease of use. The screen is a bit small, but it is easy to navigate and use, the price is awesome, it accepts the onX chips, and you get really good battery life out of it.

GSP4EVER

I have an Garmin Etrex Legend HCx that I am going to be selling. Ill send you a PM with info about. If your looking for one, Ill give you first option at it. Its a good unit. Ive had it about 5-6 years or so. It works good with the OnX Map. Yesterday I upgraded to the 64S which so far I am liking.

sneakypete

I have an garmin Oregon 600, I bought the Montana and Colorado Chips!

sbhooper

If you just want a very functional gps and don't want/need a chip, then a Dakota 10 is a great little unit. I have the Dakota 20, as I need the chip option. You can get referbs from the Garmin store for very reasonable prices.

jims

I have a Garmin 62S and really like it. Once you get the hang of how it works it's great. One thing you may want to look into is OnXmaps. I am pretty sure they only work with Garmins.