Yeti GOBOX Collection

Glacier NP trip

This jerk bear did screw up my my plans to photograph goats. :D
Don't worry. The goat made it 😎 I took this pic right after that video was shot, you can see there was slightly less snow on that slope when I was there.

20200824_152708.jpg

The same bear (probably) harassed some hikers a few weeks later just a couple of hundred yards down the trail from the first video.

You like the KOA better than staying in the park? I was thinking about trying to get a reservation for the Many Glaciers CG, but am really open to anything.
Personal preference but yes I do. Full hookups is nice. Also I never liked the stress of finding a spot in the park. Maybe the reserve now?

Reservations at many glacier and fish creek campground are really hard to get. Everything is booked 6 months out within milliseconds of 10AM ET via recreation.gov. We have been trying every morning the last 10 days and finally succeeded.

Don't worry. The goat made it 😎 I took this pic right after that video was shot, you can see there was slightly less snow on that slope when I was there.

View attachment 173129
The pup was only 2.5 months old when I was there this year, so I couldn't leave him for a hike up the mountain in 2020. Great location if you don't mind the trail traffic.
50920282621_ea51a6df5e_5k.jpg

Bring your passports and make the whole park.
A BIG part of it is in Canada, Waterton park.
You can drive to Waterton (town) but most of the rest of the park is inaccessible by car now following thr fires from a few years ago. Providing you can get in to Canada in the first place. It's an amazing place but not worth the effort as things are now.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigratio...d19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#enter

You can drive to Waterton (town) but most of the rest of the park is inaccessible by car now following thr fires from a few years ago. Providing you can get in to Canada in the first place. It's an amazing place but not worth the effort as things are now.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigratio...d19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#enter

Come spring, it should all be reopened. As of right now(winter closures) the main townsite is open, minus any of the businesses, as well as the road to Cameron lake. But that road I believe is weather dependant on how much snow accumulates.

Come spring, it should all be reopened. As of right now(winter closures) the main townsite is open, minus any of the businesses, as well as the road to Cameron lake. But that road I believe is weather dependant on how much snow accumulates.
I hope they open the border, id love to take the wife back up through the parks again this summer. Thanks. The last time we were in Waterton the road up to red Rock canyon was closed down by town. Thanks!

I'm replying to subscribe. We have a wedding to attend on July 5 in Spokane and are looking at coming in from the West. Not my Favorite time of year to be in a tourist destination but it's about as close as we will get .

We headed there last Summer. Unfortunately, only a quarter of the park was open. We could only go as far in as Avalanche Creek. While that was a beautiful hike, we really wanted to see the other 3/4ths of the park. I'm debating going back this Summer, but if the Blackfoot keep the East side closed I think the West side is going to be a mess and you might want to avoid it this year.

I hope they open the border, id love to take the wife back up through the parks again this summer. Thanks. The last time we were in Waterton the road up to red Rock canyon was closed down by town. Thanks!

As far as I am aware, Red Rock canyon will be a go this year. It would be nice to have it open from our perspective as well! Wouldn't mind another trip down to Great Falls.

Another vote for the West Glacier KOA. Really nice campground, and easy access for a 30’ camper while still being close to the park entrance.
Tons of great hiking and fishing within close proximity. Shoot me a PM if you need a fishing hole or two to go check out. Enjoy!!

So I just booked a tent site for nights of June 29, and 30 at the West Glacier KOA. July1 on was all booked up.
ML has her son in from the Army then. I'm figuring on driving while the rest of the crew flies into Spokane.

So I just booked a tent site for nights of June 29, and 30 at the West Glacier KOA. July1 on was all booked up.
ML has her son in from the Army then. I'm figuring on driving while the rest of the crew flies into Spokane.

Did you get one of visitation permits or are you hoping for one of the few they distribute 2 days in advance?

As I understand it, those entry permits are nearly impossible to get through the online system. Has anyone here been successful getting one?

As I understand it, those entry permits are nearly impossible to get through the online system. Has anyone here been successful getting one?
I think they're impossible to get right now because they don't know when the road is going to open. I think they'll open a lot more permits once They have the entire thing plowed open. That's probably also why they have the two day notice to get a permit.

I'm replying to subscribe. We have a wedding to attend on July 5 in Spokane and are looking at coming in from the West. Not my Favorite time of year to be in a tourist destination but it's about as close as we will get .
So I was able to get a 7 day pass this morning. Do you have to arrive on THAT day or can you arrive anytime in the 7 day stretch?
Nvm. I found the answer

Attachments

• 2C962827-AB75-47E5-B8C7-B4CA3B84DE2B.jpeg
    2C962827-AB75-47E5-B8C7-B4CA3B84DE2B.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 7
Back