Caribou Gear

Ginger Ale

I dont drink many soft drinks but when I buy it theres a good chance it will be ginger ale. I dont think it is all that popular for people to buy it for home and it could be that on an airplane when someone orders a ginger ale other hear them and think, “ that sounds good” .

When I was young I used to dig a salad bar or buffet. After being around the nasty human species for my lifetime I just about have swore off them. The fewer humans between me and what I’m putting in my mouth the mo betta.

LJS is one of them places that about once every 3 years I get a hankering for some fried hardtack fish and malt vinegar. Then I spent the next 2 years and 364 days remembering the gut ache from the gallon of grease I ingested.

The only LJS I've ever been to was also a KFC. Coincidentally, that was the last KFC I've ever visited.

Ginger ale is good stuff.

My wife's family is from Michigan, and as others have said, Vernor's is kind of a staple there. I think she made a marinade using it from The Nuge or someone's recipe from MI. No real difference than any other as far as I could tell.

Never been to GC, but will say this; they feed soldiers for free on special days, and for a Spec 1 or 2, that can be a big deal.

Ginger Ale is the soft drink of the refined palate. It's not offensive to the nose like a cola, it's not a diuretic like Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pibb, and it's not some diet drink pretending to be a soda like the lemon/lime stuff.

Ginger Ale is for people who still dress when they fly. Have some class people. It's not a 4 hour nap in your PJ's, it's a chance to explore the country from your expensive and uncomfortable seat!

Gin & Ginger, Ginger & Jameson, all good concoctions.

Ginger Beer is the only acceptable mixer for Moscow Mules & Dark & Stormy's (Ginger Beer & Dark Rum). Anything else is a pretender to the name.

Also, Golden Corral is the appropriate choice in diners when it's after 2 am and before an actual working man's establishment opens for drunk breakfast. Shoney's is a second rate Chuck E Cheese and we all know it. Casa Bonita is the stuff of legends, and Long John SIlvers was a Sunday treat on rare occasion, whilst Pizza Hut was where the parties happened, and where we celebrated our stunning pee-wee leauge victories over the other team who was three tables over, licking their wounds.

Last edited:
When the girls were young they always got to pick where to go for dinner on their birthday, it typically was ALWAYS the same places each year.

The oldest would always pick Jacks, the best steaks in town and ones that have rivaled anywhere I’ve eaten. I knew I’d be reaching for my wallet that night.

The middle daughter would pick Rico’s, an old-world family owned pizza joint with cold beer and great pies the size of a manhole cover. Always a fav choice of this dad and all the teams I coached!

Then there’s the youngest daughter…
4F11DE42-2F33-451D-A6F9-B1574B585960.jpeg
I always knew to restock the t-p and pepto on her birthday, long nite ahead!

you guys are making me hungry. Ive cooked plenty of fried fish and french fries at the house but never tried to fry fish using a batter. Not on my diet but I might give it a go sometime.

Back