Ginger Ale

Golden corral. Pretty sure that is as close to experiencing being a steer in a feed lot as one could get.
Hit the one in Anchorage before taking the redeye flight home. Figured a full belly was going to make it through til we got back home.

Sounds like it’s for nausea. I don’t know how anybody gets sick on a 737, but I’ll take the Canada dry advice for my next ride along in a super cub, whenever that is.

Does it work better than a sprite ?
There is actually data that ginger can be effective against nausea. When we fly easements, some people swear that ginger chews work better than medication for them. I hate ginger and it doesn’t seem to work that well for me. Probably depends somewhat on the individual.

If you don’t like ginger ale, Sprite is probably pretty similar. Unless you had LJS before you got on the plane…then there’s no help for you.

I’ll drink it a couple of times a year. I think it’s better as a mixer.
my bride likes LJS chicken, maybe get to one twice a year,but haven’t been in one since before Covid as the one in our area doesn’t have enough staff to do anything but drive through. No thanks

Some of the Kentucky guys will probably mention Ale 8.
I sometimes I drink ginger ale on a plane, can't explain why.
I also make drinks at home with ginger ale, mostly summer time.
Long John Silver's: probably been +30yrs since I've ate there, we still have them around today.

There’s almost always a couple cans of ginger ale in our grave fridge, and I love it.

It’s good when I want something cold, but not something super sweet.

I don’t think I’ve ever been to a LJS or Sizzler. Starting to winder if I’m missing out.

So I have this weird thing about LJS. It’s a game of Russian roulette with 5 cartridges instead of 1.

I get an insane craving for it once every one or two years. It is greasy, delicious, and disgusting. I gorge myself and by the laws of LJS roulette I usually throw up afterwards. At least 2/3 of the time it happens. This has gone on for years. Cravings hit a year ago and I saw that they had merged with a Taco Bell and I knew it would come back up but it happened anyways.

I grew up in southern Missouri and there you’d always ask for the ‘crumbles’, ‘crumblies’, or ‘cracklings’ which were the fried leftover bits. We would dip them in tartar sauce and eat them while silently telling our cardiac system ‘eff you’.

Ginger ale is delicious

And I’m coming to shoot your forkies before the end of the year, Montana.

47275FF9-41CF-43C6-8147-4A2B364E0E70.jpeg

Last edited:
So I have this weird thing about LJS. It’s a game of Russian roulette with 5 cartridges instead of 1.

I get an insane craving for it once every one or two years. It is insanely greasy, delicious, and disgusting. I gorge myself and by the laws of LJS roulette I usually throw up afterwards. At least 2/3 of the time it happens. This has gone on for years. Cravings hit a year ago and I saw that they had merged with a Taco Bell and I knew it would come back up but it happened anyways.

I grew up in southern Missouri and there you’d always ask for the ‘crumbles’, ‘crumblies’, or ‘cracklings’ which were the fried leftover bits. We would dip them in tartar sauce and eat them while silently telling our cardiac system ‘eff you’.

Ginger ale is delicious

And I’m coming to shoot your forkies before the end of the year, Montana.

View attachment 217943
Same

Had a lot of Sizzler work lunches when I lived near Idaho falls. Honestly I kinda loved (and miss) the salad bar
I am not too refined for Sizzler that’s for sure. I vividly remember Sizzler TV commercials too. There was a solid couple years in the 90’s when my parents go-to places “out” we’re Sizzler and TCBY. It was an era.

My wife likes to buy ginger beer. I enjoy a splash with a cocktail or even a NA cocktail with some soda water. Regular ginger ale or ginger beer is too sweet for me.

My wife has always liked Shoney’s. I never understood that, but we used to always eat there when she had a craving for it. You don’t see many of them anymore and it’s been a long time since we ate at one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back