Ginger Ale

Right? I mean, from the commercials, you almost expect to need help even lifting the damn thing they look so big. Then the combo of smashed bun, tiny greasy patty, and wilted lettuce soon becomes reality!

If I’m craving a burger it’s gonna typically be at a mom-n-pops and come with an adult bev. About the only thing I’ll drive through any more is an occasional overpriced coffee or maybe a breakfast sando.

My Tx daughter is all about the Chic Filet, puzzles me…she says “it’s the sauce” 🙄. Her hubby is from Oklahoma, he can’t drive by a Cracker Barrel without drooling? Wtf?? Kids.

I thought you had to be >70 to eat at Cracker Barrel, or accompanied by someone >70.

🤣 he’s 33 and I asked him the same thing. Wants to get his fill pre-walker so he doesn’t have to juggle the to-go box I guess. Another restaurant they are big on is Babes Chicken in Ft. Worth. I don’t care about quantity (which they do provide) if there is NO taste to begin with, reminds me of how I ate in college. Should have charged me by the pound!

Y'all ever had Raising Cane's?
Until moving to CO i never had. I was eating there twice a week until my wife cut me off

raising canes is pretty solid.

ate there at least once a week while at CSU.

whether one likes arbys, wendy's, mcds, carls jr/hardee's, burger king, or whatever, the most, largely has to do with whatever one has an affinity for due to going there as a child, some sort of nostalgia, or whatever; like it was the nearest fast food to your work for sometime and you started liking it. i dunno.

i've never understood arby's personally, been a few times and it just didn't stick. i have an affinity for wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches though. i like chick fil a, but IMO for the price it's simply not worth it when you remember it's fast food. i have an affinity for mcdonalds because that was the treat we got as kids.

there was a carls jr across the street from my last job. so i started going there more often, eventually started liking it a lot, now i'm a carls jr fan. ate there like once in my life before that job and wouldn't have made my list.

i always drove to taco bell in college in the middle of the night while needing a break from differential equations homework, big nostalgia there. i love taco bell. i threw up in-n-out once, not because of it, just because i happened to get sick and that was my last meal, so i'm pretty shakey on in-n-out, no desire to ever go again. at the end of the day it was just another fast food burger for me though.

whataburger though, i do love some whataburger.

Last edited:
As for GINGER.....

Good recipe, my grandfather used to make . Uses 2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped (or 2 tsp powdered ginger)

🤣 he’s 33 and I asked him the same thing. Wants to get his fill pre-walker so he doesn’t have to juggle the to-go box I guess. Another restaurant they are big on is Babes Chicken in Ft. Worth. I don’t care about quantity (which they do provide) if there is NO taste to begin with, reminds me of how I ate in college. Should have charged me by the pound!
Watch your mouth. Babe's is good homestyle grub. Maybe you have to have had a country grandma from the depression era to appreciate it. But it ain't bad.

Watch your mouth. Babe's is good homestyle grub. Maybe you have to have had a country grandma from the depression era to appreciate it. But it ain't bad.

My grans def foot that bill, hell my mom is 91. Old timers from Red Lodge and Belfry MT. Not saying Babes is “bad” just think they have to cater to average taste and I expect a touch more out of my home cookin😉
like they took good quality food and forgo any seasoning so to speak!

raising canes is pretty solid.

ate there at least once a week while at CSU.

whether one likes arbys, wendy's, mcds, carls jr/hardee's, burger king, or whatever, the most, largely has to do with whatever one has an affinity for due to going there as a child, some sort of nostalgia, or whatever; like it was the nearest fast food to your work for sometime and you started liking it. i dunno.

i've never understood arby's personally, been a few times and it just didn't stick. i have an affinity for wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches though. i like chick fil a, but IMO for the price it's simply not worth it when you remember it's fast food. i have an affinity for mcdonalds because that was the treat we got as kids.

there was a carls jr across the street from my last job. so i started going there more often, eventually started liking it a lot, now i'm a carls jr fan. ate there like once in my life before that job and wouldn't have made my list.

i always drove to taco bell in college in the middle of the night while needing a break from differential equations homework, big nostalgia there. i love taco bell. i threw up in-n-out once, not because of it, just because i happened to get sick and that was my last meal, so i'm pretty shakey on in-n-out, no desire to ever go again. at the end of the day it was just another fast food burger for me though.

whataburger though, i do love some whataburger.
Have you ever tried the Asiago ranch spicy chicken? Wendy's was always the closest fast food growing up and still is. I always say I'm gonna get something different then I pull in and f#@k me I'll have the spicy chicken again.

Long John Silvers has the same confounding presence as Arbys……never anyone there or in line at the drivethru, not sure how they stay afloat
It's because Isabella Rossilini says Big Beef and Cheddar in that accent, and all the boys go wild.

Have you ever tried the Asiago ranch spicy chicken? Wendy's was always the closest fast food growing up and still is. I always say I'm gonna get something different then I pull in and f#@k me I'll have the spicy chicken again.
Spicy chicken sandwich with cheese.

I haven't. to a similar effect, i can't seem to stop myself from just doing a large classic #6 spicy chicken sandwich combo.

i don't know when it first started or what motivated me to first get that spicy chicken. but when was little, and on those occasional summer days where my mom agreed to go out to lunch for a bite, we would often go to wendy's and i'd get that spicy chicken and a frosty. tastes like it always has to me ever since - the thick tomato slice, the lettuce was always crunchy, and a nice slathering of mayo.

occasionally i'll get baconator, occasionally i'll do a dave's double. and i always find myself just wishing i got the spicy chicken haha. hard to break out from.

I haven't. to a similar effect, i can't seem to stop myself from just doing a large classic #6 spicy chicken sandwich combo.

i don't know when it first started or what motivated me to first get that spicy chicken. but when was little, and on those occasional summer days where my mom agreed to go out to lunch for a bite, we would often go to wendy's and i'd get that spicy chicken and a frosty. tastes like it always has to me ever since - the thick tomato slice, the lettuce was always crunchy, and a nice slathering of mayo.

occasionally i'll get baconator, occasionally i'll do a dave's double. and i always find myself just wishing i got the spicy chicken haha. hard to break out from.
Speaking of wendys as a kid and frostys, anyone else dip there fries in there frosty?

Double stacks are also good.

Speaking of wendys as a kid and frostys, anyone else dip there fries in there frosty?

Double stacks are also good.

fries in the frosty always!

when looking for a double stack i personally go to whack D's for that double quarter pounder with cheese 🤤

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back