Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Gardiner Late hunt advice MT

drambuie + vodka + beer + whiskey = very bad headache

Gardiner elk permit + me = very big bull + beer

Greenie , you're awful sensitive, just having a little fun, I know the shooter better than anyone, he spent a week in the Elkhorns in Sept, In Nov. a handful of days in area 310, the buffer zone, then more time in the Elkhorns and then four days in Gardiner in Jan, he looked at a lot of real good bulls before he pulled the trigger, he could have spent more time and maybe taken a bigger bull but after all of those days hunting it was time to get home.

Hey how many special tags did shooter have?

BTW, I've shot piss as high as 8' recorded by friends during a high piss contest.

I was in shape, now I think just getting it in the place people's should put pee is a chore.

BTW, I've shot piss as high as 8' recorded by friends during a high piss contest.

thumb over garden hose technique? 8' aint chit!

338 at Gardiner on the supertag, with a month of hunting left? Whoa, painful.

look at it this way, 338 is 38 inches bigger then the scores of 300 bulls he passed on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,na,,,,I am with greeny,,,painful;

Hntnhrd,

What did your buddie pay for the supertag? Hope it was less than a hunt say down in New Mexico on a private Ranch, where a 7 day hunt would have got a 375 Bull.

Just kiddin jdan, hope you know that. I know the feeling. I came home from the AZ Strip last year after long hunt by myself and an un-notched tag. Coulda shot some nice bucks, but not the kind that tag is for. It was still fun, learned a lot. Ran out of beer on day 3.. the next 11 days were awful parched. Hope that Gardiner bull eats well.. they usually don't.

Actually paid $5.00 for the supertag, the elk tastes good but is a little tough, I was lucky on my strip hunt, I killed the first AM. but I had help.
jd

Congrats on drawing that permit and getting to hunt many good places. Bet it was fun. The reason you didn't have better luck in Montana is because you used it all up in Arizona. People don't understand how tough that hunting can be on the AZ Strip. It kicked my ass and made me cry.

Congrats also on a nice bull, and being a nonresident I understand your time constraints. Glad you can take a beating on the internet too and hopefully have a laugh about it.

What's up with the sleeping bag comment? I am trying to quit but it is not a one step process!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;) . JK

Once again the quality of the hunt can't always be judged by the size of the trophy. (LIne I gave my now wife after we met.)

Just the fact that JDAN hunted the 310 buffer zone in the morning and the Elkhorns in the afternoon and saw bulls in both places would have made the 5 dollar investment woth it to me.

Greenhorn you need to lay off the coffee and drambuie shooters they make you really cranky.

Thanks, It was a great year, I accomplished everything I wanted to from the beginning and met a lot of good people along the way, and one not so good but that's a story for another day. I was able to archery hunt in Sept, rifle hunt the reg season and the late season, the biggest bull I ran into was in the Elkhorns during the bow season, we think he was over 380, I had him at twenty five yards, but no shot, one more step and my hunt might have been over after three days, I'm glad he turned and went the other way, however we did get it on video. Regarding the AZ strip, that country re-defines low deer densities, I can't imagine doing with out local help.

All in all a great season, one that I will never be able to duplicate.

All I have to say is thanks Montana!

This year my wife wants me to forget about the supertag drawing and buy lotto tickets.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back