Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Gardiner Late hunt advice MT

Since we are talking about Gardiner Wapiti hunting.........
That Deckart Flats hunting is wild. We hunted by there this year during the general season, not on the Flat but not far way. Last year my friend saw a guy lose 2 different elk to the outfitter. He watched this the guy drop this big bull and while he was going over to it, this guy on horseback comes tearing over to the bull, jumps off of his horse and tags this bull. The hunter finally makes it over to his bull and he and the guy on the horse starts yelling at each other. The hunter gives up and is walking away, after a few hundred yards here comes another big bull. This hunter raises his gun and shoots it and it falls. He starts over to it and before he can make it to the bull another guy on horseback gets over to the bull and tags it. The hunter gets over to his bull and the shouting starts again. He then throws his arms up and walks away. We found out later that a outfitter in there does that crap on a regular basis.
I guess this is why they say...."all you need to hunt elk in Gardiner is a pair of tennis shoes, a knife and a hunting license". It shocks me people don't get shot for pulling that crap. Have you guys ever heard of that happening?

We heard similar stories when we were there, I talked to THE outfitter about helping me out, he was pretty arrogant. I stayed away from him. We were told by F&G that they took over 500 bulls in the general season in that area.
They said it was an absolute zoo, everyone waits for the elk to start moving and when it starts the hunters just pound that area.
jd

I bet I can drink more beer in 3 hours than you and your fag bitterroot friend can together in a week. You guys can rub each others balls and talk about all the big bulls you passed up on the park migration hunt while I crush empty cans on my forhead and pass wicked gas. Take that to the bank you killer of dink ass stupid migrating park elk. :D

Can i get in on that beer drinking bet??:cool:

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back