Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Free-range Texas Aoudad, Whitetail, Axis, Black Buck, Elk, Sika-Game Pictues

I think we all knew I was talking about paying a private land owner with cash or azz kizz. Sorry if I lost you.

Oh O.K.

Well then on behalf of all previous and the current generation of United States citizens (even those crazy Texans)let me be the first to say, your'e welcome. Most of us are really proud of the fact that you don't have to ''kizz azz'' or pay some land owner cash in order to enjoy the outdoors.

Just a thought,do with it what you will.

Maybe those of us who happen to have it a little better then the other guy,through no great feat of our own(like having millions of acres out the backdoor,having access to certain species)show a little respect for those who don't.
Is the guy in the Midwest who hunts whitetails on the back 40 somehow ''Less'' then the guy chasing goats at 12,000 ft.
Is the guy chasing Muleys in the ''Bob''somehow better then some dude hunting them on some ground in West Tx. that he had to pay to access.

If your answer is yes, then I will ask what is gained belittling these guys? Who or what is gained by marginalizing other lawful hunters?

Oh O.K.

Well then on behalf of all previous and the current generation of United States citizens (even those crazy Texans)let me be the first to say, your'e welcome. Most of us are really proud of the fact that you don't have to ''kizz azz'' or pay some land owner cash in order to enjoy the outdoors.

Just a thought,do with it what you will.

Maybe those of us who happen to have it a little better then the other guy,through no great feat of our own(like having millions of acres out the backdoor,having access to certain species)show a little respect for those who don't.
Is the guy in the Midwest who hunts whitetails on the back 40 somehow ''Less'' then the guy chasing goats at 12,000 ft.
Is the guy chasing Muleys in the ''Bob''somehow better then some dude hunting them on some ground in West Tx. that he had to pay to access.

If your answer is yes, then I will ask what is gained belittling these guys? Who or what is gained by marginalizing other lawful hunters?
sorry I didn't know I was poking a southern pressure point. I still feel bad for the public land deficient hunters.

sorry I didn't know I was poking a southern pressure point. I still feel bad for the public land deficient hunters.

Child, please.....you have inadvertently exposed ignorance you have no knowledge of possessing. And by the way, you're welcome to our public land.

..limousine libs can stumble on to this site and literally froth at your useful idiocy.

No charge my fellow hunter. Jaysuz!

Not a pressure point for me brother,I've got a few million acres right out my door. I do however have a little sympathy for those that don't. Its been my experience that most of them are decent folks, they just haven't had the opportunities we have.

While Randys message of easily accessible,public land hunting is nothing new for guys like us, there's lots of guys out there that don't understand that it is a option for them. I know of quite a few guys that get out to one of the states that has good public access every couple of years and the rest of the time they just make the most of their opportunities around home.We need these guys, public land is less important to those who dont use it, when enough don't care anymore it will be gone. I promise you the states will sale it off and it will be gone, then you and I will get to get in the boat with the Texans and either buy our own land or pay someone to hunt theirs.:W:

Child, please.....you have inadvertently exposed ignorance you have no knowledge of possessing. And by the way, you're welcome to our public land.

..limousine libs can stumble on to this site and literally froth at your useful idiocy.

No charge my fellow hunter. Jaysuz!
Enlighten me.

From your unenlightened comments, that's not's possible. I'm serious. Enlighten yourself, that's how it works.
Ha, that's a good way to say you have nothing to add. poke.
poke. Seriously I think the real mistake I made was publicly feeling sorry for Texans for anything, ever. I'm sure your ego can handle it. Right?

Ha, that's a good way to say you have nothing to add. poke.
poke. Seriously I think the real mistake I made was publicly feeling sorry for Texans for anything, ever. I'm sure your ego can handle it. Right?

My ego has naught to do with intellectual discourse....right?

You are usually so forthcoming with the explanation. But today I'm asking for it and you refuse to elaborate. I'm willing to call your bluff because I'm ok with being wrong as long as I learn something. Poke.

Remember the Alamo!!!

Texas is Texas, no sense in trying to understand it, just accept it. I could hunt TX or anywhere for that matter, its all what you make of it.

Not really any different hunting over bait as it is hunting mule deer in ass deep snow in December... on public land. The challenge is all a matter of what we make of it, and to me that is what is "sporting" about it. Measuring your phallus by the difficulty of your hunt or what you have compared to others just makes you look stupid. Not everyone lives in hillbilly-ville Ideho... nor do they want to.

I've met and know a lot of Texans. They're proud of their heritage, unlike most people who came from who knows where and know nothing of their past linage. The only other group that makes Texans seem humble are "native" Montanans.

because of some people, this place is becoming less and less appealing. you hunt over a feeder? that's not hunting. you use a trail camera, that's not hunting. you put in food plots? that's not hunting. there are fences? that's not fair. still have that open invitation to any of you prefessional hunters from out west to come and hunt here in illinois. will drop you off in the shawnee national forest, and you can tell everyone when you're done, in either the 3 day or 4 day shotgun season, how you did with that spot and stalk method which according to you, is the only way to hunt.

you enlightened yet?

Texas is Texas, no sense in trying to understand it, just accept it. I could hunt TX or anywhere for that matter, its all what you make of it.
Not really any different hunting over bait as it is hunting mule deer in ass deep snow in December... on public land. The challenge is all a matter of what we make of it, and to me that is what is "sporting" about it. Measuring your phallus by the difficulty of your hunt or what you have compared to others just makes you look stupid. Not everyone lives in hillbilly-ville Ideho... nor do they want to.
Spot on! The part I bolded, IMO, is really the essence of an OYOA and I think that is really the heart of what Randy portrays. Thanks for posting that perspective.

I could hunt TX or anywhere for that matter, its all what you make of it.

For the $2 k they charge to shoot a corn fed doodad I'd rather take my money elsewhere...The last time I went to AK my wife and I had a blast catching tons of fish and I shot a huge bear all DIY all public land. It cost less than what it would cost for the two of us to go shoot an exotic each at the rates HCC is throwing out. It comes down to simple economics at that point. Greater value and more satisfaction back from my dollar spent on a DIY hunt. Or I could pay $2k to go pull the trigger and get my pic on some ranch owners web page.

Keep peddling your doodads to the rich guys from Houston. Their pockets run plenty deep.

Last edited:
Back