Caribou Gear Tarp

Free-range Texas Aoudad, Whitetail, Axis, Black Buck, Elk, Sika-Game Pictues

I did that on the first post and I stopped Mtlion is obviously just a tad obsessed with trying to set people straight on their threads. Which big fin gave me permission to put up my ranch name and website..I do not know what the problem is anymore?? Y'all don't like it it's just a click away to stay away!

The last time I went to AK my wife and I had a blast catching tons of fish and I shot a huge bear all DIY all public land.

Did you charter a boat to go fishing or fish combat style? Reds, silvers, pinks? Just curious.

Y'all don't like it it's just a click away to stay away!

This goes both ways. You posted your pics asked what we all thought and didn't like the answer.

dawson-crying_zpsc21a7f4c.jpg

the balck bear inn - why you high jacking the thread with this non-sense and question, it aint that big!?>

Do you have any recomendations for a motel in Ketchikan?

Sorry I don't. Never had more than about a 4 hour layover there. I can tell you it's a real cheap place to pick up souveneirs and gifts and we went and saw the totem pole park which was pretty cool for some pics and was free. They had canned salmon in town for just cents a can that runs a few dollars down south here. Load up!

Sorry I don't. Never had more than about a 4 hour layover there. I can tell you it's a real cheap place to pick up souveneirs and gifts and we went and saw the totem pole park which was pretty cool for some pics and was free. They had canned salmon in town for just cents a can that runs a few dollars down south here. Load up!

Is there a place to get Jetboil fuel, and bear spray?

I padded an extra day there before and after my hunt, so I'm sure I'll be contributing to the suveneir market.

Is there a place to get Jetboil fuel, and bear spray?

I padded an extra day there before and after my hunt, so I'm sure I'll be contributing to the suveneir market.

Not certain. There is a walmart. Get what you can before you hit the island. It gets spendy there. I was drinking Hamms for about $18 a 12 pack if I remember correctly.

really? maybe you should enlighten yourself as to what each state has? maybe then you will finally realize to some, that 4500 acres is a lot of land. doubt it. here's some help for you.

http://bigthink.com/strange-maps/291-federal-lands-in-the-us

click on the map. it will give you the numbers. and FYI, will be waiting on the check you'll send us mentally challenged who don't see the point in spending hundreds to thousands of dollars for a trip out west to kill a something.
You are making my point. I did all of the research on why Texas has virtually no public land and how that came to be right after I opened this thread for the first time. It was a good history refresher.

Not certain. There is a walmart. Get what you can before you hit the island. It gets spendy there. I was drinking Hamms for about $18 a 12 pack if I remember correctly.

That's our plan, but I can't fly commercial with the fuel or bear spray.

TLC. So lets say an average guy in oh I don't know Illinois or somewhere saves up a bunch of money to go on a poor mans once in a lifetime hunt. Why would he go to lets say Texas and hunt with this guy.
When he can go to any number of states and hunt public land for free with over the counter, easy to draw, or leftover tags? If that's what he wants to do then he should but why?

This goes both ways. You posted your pics asked what we all thought and didn't like the answer.

dawson-crying_zpsc21a7f4c.jpg

Seriously how old are you Mtlion? You are losing your mind on which thread you are on!! I never asked that question on this thread! It just says "game pictures". By the way this pic you posted is just about as funny lookin as your avatar. Just saying!

Last edited:
Why would he go to lets say Texas and hunt with this guy.
When he can go to any number of states and hunt public land for free with over the counter, easy to draw, or leftover tags? If that's what he wants to do then he should but why?

Why go to Alaska and go fishing when we have fish right here? For the record, I wouldnt mind taking my younger kids during the off season on a hunt like this. I think they would enjoy the experience and have a lot of fun. Heck, I remember a certain popular Hunttalker doing it. He went all the way to Texas to shoot a racoon, but it was a big racoon!! :D

Why go to Alaska and go fishing when we have fish right here? For the record, I wouldnt mind taking my younger kids during the off season on a hunt like this. I think they would enjoy the experience and have a lot of fun. Heck, I remember a certain popular Hunttalker doing it. He went all the way to Texas to shoot a racoon, but it was a big racoon!! :D

Fair enough. Perspective is everything.
So is it just the off season? Or the different experience? Or the weather? All of them?
Im just trying to gain perspective.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back