Forum Upgrade Coming

.....and after making the above post and working my way to page 1 threads, hitting the "back" button lands me on page 2??
I even refresh the page, and click anywhere on the page to "establish" my presence on that page, it often leads me back to the wrong page.
New development in the last week or so.

Is is just me or has anyone else noticed that it takes FOREVER for the forum to log out the last couple of days?

I like the offered links when starting a new thread, so we're not rehashing what has already been discussed however, I think it would be helpful if they had dates included. An example below when I used the thread title, "Elk poach" for the purpose to show the, "Is this already being discussed?"

I've seen a few threads brought back from scorched earth days where the people select one of the offered similar linked threads. Definitely not a "biggie" in the grand scheme of a hunt talk forum though if a simple fix is available, it may reduce the threads brought back from the dead(?). Helps eh, dummy proof it a bit further. :)

1608482953674.png

BigFin,

I'm brand new on this forum, but I read your thread about you keeping this forum going — even if it costing you instead of making money.
And even if there are a lot of less-than-helpful posts lately.

I personally appreciate people like that very much — with a vision for the future, a will to go the extra mile, and a servant spirit. 😊

Thanks for this forum! 👍🏼

Matthias

As many of you have recently experienced, the forum has had a few technical glitches. We have been running on the Vbulletin platform for a long time. Like many software solutions, once you are in it, the cost and effort to change is signficant.

Well, I've reached the point that the cost and effort to stay is more than the cost and effort to change. So, over the next few months you will see a lot of changes. The work will be done mostly at low-use hours.

The format and style will look somewhat similar, but some actions will be different. Loading images, video links, PMs, and a few things will be much easier, though it will take a few times to become familiar with the new steps to do such.

Appreciate all who are registered and who are the regulars here. Hang with us and I can assure you it will be a better user experience in the long run. I hope to have this completed by April 1, with only intermittent disruptions to use.
Thanks for having me

I scrolled through quickly to look for the answer. Apologies if I missed it. Is the option to reply to multiple posts at once still available? There used to be a button that said something like "reply multiple" that you could click on each post you wanted to reply to, and then click the reply button at the bottom of the page. It would quote each post you had chosen.

I scrolled through quickly to look for the answer. Apologies if I missed it. Is the option to reply to multiple posts at once still available? There used to be a button that said something like "reply multiple" that you could click on each post you wanted to reply to, and then click the reply button at the bottom of the page. It would quote each post you had chosen.
Same. I was looking for that the other day as well.

Same. I was looking for that the other day as well.
Like this? I included both of these by hitting reply on one, then going back and hitting reply on the other.

Thank you Randy, this is a great resource. I would like to suggest a section within HT, dedicated to diet, health and fitness, before, during and after the hunt. I myself am interested in eating right and physical activity not only in preparation for a hunt, but all year long. I have seen some things in different sections but diet, health and fitness can be so involved, it may deserve its own section. If that section is here, I have overlooked and apologize.

Thank you Randy, this is a great resource. I would like to suggest a section within HT, dedicated to diet, health and fitness, before, during and after the hunt. I myself am interested in eating right and physical activity not only in preparation for a hunt, but all year long. I have seen some things in different sections but diet, health and fitness can be so involved, it may deserve its own section. If that section is here, I have overlooked and apologize.
Easy there, man. The dude eats at DQ, ok?

2feufs.jpg

New to this site but so far very impressed. Nice to chat with fellow hunters and people of like and sane minds.

Back