Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum Upgrade Coming

Maybe, but so many complaints about Tapatalk that I need to give it a lot of thought before doing so. Supposedly the past complaints have gone away, but I am always a bit skeptical.
Looks like the site is just fine on the web using my S8+ if the other sites I use were this good on the web I would never use Tapatalk anymore.
Thanks Randy!

I would like to add my thanks for this forum. I know it’s got to be a lot of work and that is greatly appreciated!

A couple of questions for those in the know........

Will there be a continued limit (100 in old version) of Private Messages (now called "conversations"), a different number, or unlimited?

As i played around with the search function, it seemed to me that it only searched threads/posts made after the switch to the new format?

It also doesn't seem to recognize former members ("banned") in the search box with the predictive options based on the first few letters of a members name.

The time limit to edit one's own posts, and the name of a thread title seems to be gone?

The quick glance option to see if I had ever replied to a thread (in the new posts listings) is absent in the new version. In the old version while on my computers, I could hover my mouse over that icon, and it would tell me what day I had posted my last comment. (I found this feature somewhat helpful to ID threads of greater interest, and to remind myself what I had commented)

And finally, a note of congratulations to all of those involved in the day to day, as well as the conversion activities!

For me, HuntTalk is the only forums site that I visit regularly. I have had my world view changed by exposure to aspects of public land usage conversations, and I am much more involved in advocating for public lands. I greatly appreciate the general congeniality of the posters here, and the long arm of the law that keeps the conversations held to a certain standard.

Are photos we've loaded into our albums no longer available? I've not found them yet.

I understand with a new setting, some "stuff" may no longer be available. Is this the case with our photos?

Great site for phone and computer alike!

Are photos we've loaded into our albums no longer available? I've not found them yet.

I understand with a new setting, some "stuff" may no longer be available. Is this the case with our photos?

Great site for phone and computer alike!
No, the photos are not gone. The importer for the albums had a bug that resulted in some of the photos not importing, so we're working with the software vendor to diagnose and fix that issue. They'll be back soon.

I’m sure I just can’t figure out but when when I use the advanced search and search something from Buzz with a generic word like Montana or Antelope I get “No Results Found.”

Picking a Newer than date doesn’t seem to have any effect on it either.

Is there any way to jump to the first unread post in a thread?

I don't see the function in an easily-found spot.

Thanks.

I’m sure I just can’t figure out but when when I use the advanced search and search something from Buzz with a generic word like Montana or Antelope I get “No Results Found.”

Picking a Newer than date doesn’t seem to have any effect on it either.
I'm going to rebuild the search index - It looks like it didn't rebuild properly after the data migration.

Is there any way to jump to the first unread post in a thread?

I don't see the function in an easily-found spot.

Thanks.
Actually, just clicking the thread link should take you to the first unread post in that thread, if you've viewed the thread before.

Actually, just clicking the thread link should take you to the first unread post in that thread, if you've viewed the thread before.

Now we're talking!! How come I didn't try that before (I suppose that I did not try it, as doing that on the old system took you to the original post)

Back