Caribou Gear

Forum Upgrade Coming

Are we supposed to be able to see other folks' "profile posts?" Also, what are Reaction Scores and Trophy Points? Sounds like they're designed specifically for Greenhorn...

I noticed the photos are very small. Is this a function of the server/software change, or will newly added photos be the same size? Asking for a friend.
Not that it helps you any, but FWIW, they look ok on my iPhone right now, but haven’t checked from a laptop yet.

UPDATE: On my laptop pictures seem to vary in size, some the normal size and some smaller "thumbprints" - No apparent pattern.

Last edited:
I like the new upgrade, everything seems more user friendly.

I'm really liking the upgrade Fin. Having some knowledge of what it takes to migrate a database, connect an application to it, and convert over, you have pros doing seamless work on your behalf.

My go to page on the old setup was yourownadventures.com/hunttalk/activity.php ... This is no longer a url, but the analogous funtionality for those who used that as their mechanism for seeing what had happened recently can be found by clicking on the "What's New' tab. Don't click on the dropdown arrow next to "What's New", just click on the words "What's New", and a slick interface of all the recent posts comes up. The URL for this is https://www.hunttalk.com/whats-new/
whatsnew.JPG

From there you can just click on the "minutes ago" to go to that specific post.

minutesago.JPG

Additionally, what I am really loving, is when you attach files to a post you are creating, you can just drag them up from those files you've attached below, and plop them anywhere in your post you'd like.
dragem.JPG

Great stuff. Enabling the addiction. Thanks again Fin.

Attachments

• minutesago.JPG
    minutesago.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 3
  • whatsnew.JPG
    whatsnew.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 7
  • dragem.JPG
    dragem.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Awesome upgrade. Crazy they were able to get it all converted that quick.

Thanks as always!

I believe the new forum allows for a larger avatar picture file size that won't be so pixelated. I re-uploaded my avatar picture and it's showing up quite nicely.

Thanks for the heads up, Namless

Oh no, a sign of progress. we've lost the hump guy emoji :mad:

Pretty shiny new software. I found my old private messages, I didn't see where it was showing any kind of a limit. Now I'm not going to have to go clean out some messages every time I want to send something! Thanks for the upgrade!

Very nice, Randy and crew! Learning curve - seems a streamlined setting. Thank you.

Curious, anyone figure how to set the thread views to show the most recent post first? I've not found it yet, or it is no longer available.

Back