Football General Talk

But I thought the Eagles could have played better defense, especially against the run, especially by Mahomes. It probably was one of those calls that could have gone either way. But when you have your hand around a receiver………………..

Let's not act like the eagles didn't get here on the backs of the refs. Oh so did the cheifs so... The big wheel keeps spinning around.

I didn’t hear anyone complaining when the refs called that fumble for a touchdown an incomplete pass or when they gave the Eagles the completion call later on the same drive…

Go Chiefs!
Games rarely hinge on one play. That said, it was a horseshit call. The DB did not influence that route one bit with the grab. That should go down with the other myriad of rule violations that go unflagged, pure and simple.

Actually, the no call that pissed me off was the Eagles defender who clearly led with his head on a tackle with no call. The NFL can’t consistently enforce player safety rules, unless it’s certain players on the receiving end of it.

Games rarely hinge on one play. That said, it was a horseshit call. The DB did not influence that route one bit with the grab. That should go down with the other myriad of rule violations that go unflagged, pure and simple.

Actually, the no call that pissed me off was the Eagles defender who clearly led with his head on a tackle with no call. The NFL can’t consistently enforce player safety rules, unless it’s certain players on the receiving end of it.

Agreed. Both teams got some calls that benefited them in the game. Both had some calls that got missed.

I just think it’s a cheap shot for anyone who claims the refs gave the Chiefs the game.

One of the better Super Bowls in the past several years, IMO.

Embarrassing for the NFL. Can't have that. Chiefs easily could have still won the game regardless but you cannot make that ticky tack bs call right there. It's getting worse every year.
It’s amazing to me a BILLION dollar industry can’t have full time referees who train all week. These guys should be on VR headsets multiple times a week, but instead they are working their day job.

I love football, but next year might find me slinging steelhead tackle during the SB.

100% accurate. The selective enforcement in targeting calls gets old.

Annoying ending to a great game, and I wanted to see the chiefs win.

Chiefs won in more ways than one bad call, that's the good side of this game.

One question though... I thought all calls and questionable plays under the two minute mark were reviewed. I know I'm wrong as that would be the hay day boom from the eagles sideline - I need to read up on that rule.

End of the day, a great game!

This is a Chiefs win, hands down.

Back